Options

DSS 86 Monotone: Baled

Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited October 2, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I haven't been on here in a long long time (mid January) — I'm loving the new site. I remember seeing screenshots but didn't actually come back to see it implemented.

Anyway - I was hoping for some comments and critique for the latest challenge. I'm wondering what you think of this shot or should I do a straight black and white conversion. Does the tint work?

#1 Tint

bales-1.jpg

#2 Original

bales-2.jpg
Karl Lindsay
Nikon D600
Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
Induro CT-014 Tripod
karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    I kinda like the Monotone, but not sure of the color tone choice. Seems like a warmer, straw tone would suit more. Unless your looking for a haunted Halloweenish look! :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2011
    Thanks Don. I've come up with two other versions. Plain black and white, and a warmer tone than the blue. Thoughts anyone?

bales-4.jpg

bales-5.jpg
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    Nice shot! The B&W works better than the others. The green is too much, although it might work at a much lower saturation. Try sepia or gold.
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    Nice shot! The B&W works better than the others. The green is too much, although it might work at a much lower saturation. Try sepia or gold.
    I agree, blue and green just dont fit BW is good I would like to see it in Sepia also
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2011
    Thanks for the input! I tried the sepia but I liked the Black and White much better. I've uploaded it to the gallery.
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Induro CT-014 Tripod