My daughter Andi

wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited October 19, 2005 in People
One of my first tries at portraiture. Not sure if the hay bale has enough contrast.

Comments are welcomed.

53919997_10ca37a2c0_o.jpg

Comments

• ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    wally5656 wrote:
    One of my first tries at portraiture. Not sure if the hay bale has enough contrast.

Comments are welcomed.
    It doesn't, but it does the opposite. It make it look like she's lying down and her hair's spread out. I think you nailed the contrast.

Very good first try! It took me a lot of mistakes to get where I am today.

Keep it up, she's got a very photogenic smile! thumb.gif
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    You have a very pretty daughter Wally with beautiful eyes and I think you captured that very nicely. I agree with Scott about the hay bale. I think it would help the picture drastically if you could maybe smooth out the lines under her eyes or reduce the contrast on them. Her eyes are lovely and I think the lines under her eyes distracts from that.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    You have a very pretty daughter Wally with beautiful eyes and I think you captured that very nicely. I agree with Scott about the hay bale. I think it would help the picture drastically if you could maybe smooth out the lines under her eyes or reduce the contrast on them. Her eyes are lovely and I think the lines under her eyes distracts from that.
    Thank you Scott!

I agree about the lines, thank you Nick!!