Urban Sunset #2

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited October 2, 2011 in Landscapes
All constructive criticism and suggestions are greatly appreciated .MG2407-2-L.jpg

Comments

• ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    I like the colors in the middle - nicely captured. The black band at the top adds nothing and the bit of dry land in the foreground could also be tossed overboard to allow this to be cropped as a faux panoramic shot (full width of what you have, but just a hair below the bottom of the water and where the black top begins leaves a much more powerful shot in my completely amateur opinion.

Sounds odd I know but give it a try…you have great raw material there.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Thwack wrote: »
    I like the colors in the middle - nicely captured. The black band at the top adds nothing and the bit of dry land in the foreground could also be tossed overboard to allow this to be cropped as a faux panoramic shot (full width of what you have, but just a hair below the bottom of the water and where the black top begins leaves a much more powerful shot in my completely amateur opinion.

Sounds odd I know but give it a try…you have great raw material there.

Thanks for looking and your suggestions .
  • dave6253dave6253 Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Beautiful colors and exposure. I do think the darkness at the top is to much. The strip of green grass on the bottom left corner is not terribly distracting, but the shot would look better without what appears to be the shoulder of a roadway. Maybe get closer to the taller weeds next time. I would also remove the leaves encroaching on the right edge or include more of the tree next time.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    dave6253 wrote: »
    Beautiful colors and exposure. I do think the darkness at the top is to much. The strip of green grass on the bottom left corner is not terribly distracting, but the shot would look better without what appears to be the shoulder of a roadway. Maybe get closer to the taller weeds next time. I would also remove the leaves encroaching on the right edge or include more of the tree next time.

Thanks for looking and your input,very good observations ! I will defiantly make some adjustments.
  • rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    Colors look great. Like the others I'd look for a foreground element to lead the viewer into the photo.