Lightning Show

JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
edited October 3, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
So the other night a very rare storm came through my way in San Antonio, TX. With the storm came tons of lightning so I figured I would try my had with trying to capture some. It was my 2nd attempt ever and after about the third or fourth shot I had got my firs bolt. As the storm rolled through I kept capturing the beginning or the end of a flash along with several other bolts. So overall I was happy with the outcome of the hour I spent on the porch looking over the neighbors houses.

My first ever bolt capture.
i-bwS2qmk-XL.jpg

A better capture.
i-zjmkk9M-XL.jpg

Another one.
i-wkv7p4F-XL.jpg

And another one.
i-3dNvqfh-XL.jpg

This one is one of my favorites from set.
i-LRVDtmC-XL.jpg

All of my shots were taken hand held with my 5 year old kit lens, 18-55 NON IS from my old Rebel XT, and my 50D.

The worst part of it all was we only got about 4 drops at my house, one on my lens. It sure poured on Thursday so that made up for the liquid dissappointment.

C/C is always welcomed.
Jamie
JBHotShots.com
Facebook
7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX

Comments

• RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    Hand held? So did you wait for a flash, push the trigger and hope for the best? What shutter speed were you at?
  • JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    Roadkill wrote: »
    Hand held? So did you wait for a flash, push the trigger and hope for the best? What shutter speed were you at?
    Yeah pretty much that was the process. They were so frequent that they almost had a sequence if that makes sense.

No order but 3/10's to 1/8 of a second.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX