Options

Recent Event... Birthday Party!

mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited October 3, 2011 in People
I just shot an event last weekend for 5 people who have been friends since they were 5... and this year they celebrated 60 years of friendship! It was a big event (and the first time I've really been an event photographer, rather than a guest with camera)... around 125 people in total. It was quite the experience, I certainly had a blast doing it and really learned a lot... especially areas I need to improve. I've got about 125 pictures or so that I'm going to post in a gallery for them to view/buy/share, but I wanted to share a few shots that I already processed - feel free to offer any feedback you might have!

Here's a link to the gallery, in case you want to see some of the others that have already been processed.

1. i-ZdgpM97-S.jpg

2. i-z4mwJHP-S.jpg

3. i-whHHcZM-S.jpg

4. i-4jhKh5z-S.jpg

5. i-c49GXgQ-S.jpg

6. i-j5mQwLt-S.jpg

7. i-ps448jr-S.jpg

8. i-NJn83mZ-S.jpg

Thanks for looking!

- Matt

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    you've captured a lot of emotion! 2,3,5,6,8 all appear unexposed to me though
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback! The more I look at these images the more I agree with you, they do appear underexposed (I'm wondering if I wasn't working under the most ideal lighting conditions while editing them). I'll make a few adjustments - I really appreciate the comment! I guess one thing I'm happy about is that I got the part that can't be fixed, capturing the emotion... if the exposure isn't perfect, I can go back in and work on that.

Thanks again!