gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited October 21, 2005 in Sports
I like it but what do you think
Thanks for looking
Gary40659489-M.jpg

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    I like it as is, nice job! The only thing I might change is getting rid of the bright upper left, but that's seriously nit-picky.
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    Thanks DJ, how would you get rid of the bright upper left clone it ? quite new to photography and don't know much about photoshop
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I like it as is, nice job! The only thing I might change is getting rid of the bright upper left, but that's seriously nit-picky.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    I'd leave it. I think it provides some balance to the lower right and helps to give the sense of speed.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    As I said, it's being very nit-picky. While it could be cloned out, I would probably try burning it slightly or using other methods to knock down the brightness a tad and see how it looks. It's certainly a very nice shot as it is.
  • gouldphotogouldphoto Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2005
    Crop
    Hi Gary,
    First, your photo taking skills have improved greatly since your first posts :)
    You're getting a good eye for those motorcycles.
    Now for the crop, I would have left some image on the right to give the rider a place to go. So yes, I think the crop is too tight for a panning shot.

Steve Gould
    www.gouldphoto.com
    gsgary wrote:
    I like it but what do you think
    Thanks for looking
    Gary40659489-M.jpg
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2005
    Hi Gary, great shot.. I think I would extend that area in front of him a bit as well, feels a bit tight to me. It would be easy to do with the cloning tool and then use the blur tool or patch tool as well..thumb.gif
    edited October 20, 2005
    Lynn and steve thanks for your comments the original has more room at the front just thought i would try something different

40788681-M.jpg
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    Lynn and steve thanks for your comments the original has more room at the front just thought i would try something different
    Wow.. that gives a real feeling of speed gary.. I liked your crop actually, I just think it was a bit tight in front of the bike..
    edited October 21, 2005
    Thanks Lynn for your help and comments thumb.gif
    lynnma wrote:
    Wow.. that gives a real feeling of speed gary.. I liked your crop actually, I just think it was a bit tight in front of the bike..
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Hi Gary,
    I'm liking the feeling of this shot better than the tight crop. I did like the crop, but this one is better IMHO.

Just my .02,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

edited October 21, 2005
    Thanks Christhumb.gif
    Hi Gary,
    I'm liking the feeling of this shot better than the tight crop. I did like the crop, but this one is better IMHO.

Just my .02,
    Chris