Options

A Deer with no fear of humans

IraRunyanIraRunyan Registered Users Posts: 1,013 Major grins
edited October 19, 2011 in Wildlife
The Deer are enjoying the high grass at the Viera Wetlands. This Deer has no fear of humans at all, and is often seen at the wetlands allowing people to get as close as 15' away. Great for the photographers, but you have to wonder what will become of this guy with the hunting season starting..........

Deer_6133.jpg

Deer_6126.jpg

Deer_6118.jpg

Deer_6115.jpg

Deer_6141.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    Lovely shots, but you are right. She's going to have a problem this month.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    Nice series Ira, by the looks of the size of this deer maybe to small to be hunted?
  • Options
    IraRunyanIraRunyan Registered Users Posts: 1,013 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    Nice series Ira, by the looks of the size of this deer maybe to small to be hunted?

Yes, it is too small to be hunted in Florida legally, but as we all know not all hunters follow the rules........
  • Options
    GaleGale Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2011
    Pretty animal. Very nice images.
    If she stays in the wetland area she will be ok. If she goes out side in the right fields that may be a prob...
    I think anyone that could kill that beautiful animal...Well guess you can guess what I think.
    Best Regards
    Gale

www.pbase.com/techwish
  • Options
    FuhrtographerFuhrtographer Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Beautiful captures, she certainly is a brave little girl! I wonder if nature has been manipulated some how for this wild deer to act so tame.
    Gale wrote: »
    Pretty animal. Very nice images.
    If she stays in the wetland area she will be ok. If she goes out side in the right fields that may be a prob...
    I think anyone that could kill that beautiful animal...Well guess you can guess what I think.

Could YOU kill the deer to eat if you were going to starve? What about if your kids were starving to death? Would you watch your kids die of hunger or kill the deer........