Fay in NYC in Black and White

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited October 21, 2005 in People
i've made four pictures of my model Fay into black and white. i thought that the pictures were asking to be put in black and white because i think the city looks better in black and white. i'm really happy with the way these came out, hopefully you'll like them too. converted them all in cs2 with the optikverve labs virtual photographer, using a yellow filter.

40676683-M.jpg

40676692-M.jpg

40676697-M.jpg

40676704-M.jpg

the full gallery of the original color versions can be viewed here: http://binghott.smugmug.com/gallery/888816
any comments at all would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

Comments

• ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    i've made four pictures of my model Fay into black and white. i thought that the pictures were asking to be put in black and white because i think the city looks better in black and white. i'm really happy with the way these came out, hopefully you'll like them too. converted them all in cs2 with the optikverve labs virtual photographer, using a yellow filter.

the full gallery of the original color versions can be viewed here: http://binghott.smugmug.com/gallery/888816
    any comments at all would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.
    iloveyou.gif

Very nice. Your use of a slow enough shutter to allow things like the background to blur adds to it.

Tell her to smile more often! :D She looks a little too crushed in a few of them :cry
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2005
    Nice shots. I really like the 4th. The 1st one looks a little unbalanced, I think it's the bright arm on the left of her face that distracts me a bit.

Looking through the gallery there are some other really nice shots, No.6 would make a good B&W if only you could get rid of the taxi. I also like 9,10,14,15 & 31 just to name a few favourites. Great looking model, I like the moody captures, heavy eye make-up works well in B&W.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    SnapHappy wrote:
    Nice shots. I really like the 4th. The 1st one looks a little unbalanced, I think it's the bright arm on the left of her face that distracts me a bit.

Looking through the gallery there are some other really nice shots, No.6 would make a good B&W if only you could get rid of the taxi. I also like 9,10,14,15 & 31 just to name a few favourites. Great looking model, I like the moody captures, heavy eye make-up works well in B&W.
    thanks, i think i'm gonna redo the 1st b&w, and #6 would be a great b&w but that taxi isn't worth my time, i have two more new shoots to work on.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    here's the original 1st b&w:
    40676683-M.jpg

here's the newer edit with fixed eyes too:
    40905807-M.jpg