Recent horse show :)

LiveLikeLizPhotosLiveLikeLizPhotos Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited October 4, 2011 in Sports
Hello all!
These are a few photos from recent horse shows.
What do you think?
What could I improve?

IMG1346-M.jpg

IMG1284-M.jpg

IMG1331-M.jpg

grandprix-168-1452931727-O-M.jpg

GrandPrix-782-1444504629-O-M.jpg

Comments

• VitaminVVitaminV Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Your perspective on 2 and 3 are very nice. I think 4 would have benefited with a better angle, but I still like it. Have to state the obvious, your watermark is WAY over the top.
  • LiveLikeLizPhotosLiveLikeLizPhotos Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Thank you for the feedback :)
    I know, I've been told my watermark is way too much. I'm working on a new, more appropriate one for events, portraits and such. But as for local horse shows I like the big obnoxious one because I've noticed they tend to steal the photos, so I feel my obnoxious watermark discourages that. Haha.
  • MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    There is no such thing as over the top watermarks if you are posting photos for sale for sporting events. You should see mine. My sales went up when I changed mine to what I have now. I also find less of them on the internet that were stolen.
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards
    edited October 4, 2011
    That's what I was thinking. I see photos, specially from horseshows, all the time being posted on Facebook or something with a photographer's watermark all over it.
    It annoys me greatly, no one realizes how much work goes into these.
    So I like to keep mine safe and annoying, rather than vulnerable.
    I still get incredible business, and haven't seen my photos end up on Facebook or something silly that hasn't been purchased.
  • photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    I like the composition of the photos, stay consistent when cropping. Some of photos are very tight in regards to cropping. Also, I recommend numbering the photos on the thread. The photos are sharp and exposure looks good too.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Thank you for the feedback!