Snowdonia Mountains

GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
edited October 11, 2011 in Landscapes
Hi everyone, its nearly time for me to give up macro for the winter :rofl
these mountains are calling me , had a great day up there monday !

here are a few shots from ogwen valley, tryfan and the glyders. hope you like them :D

Always great to get good light and cloud formations up in the mountains, only had maybe 15 mins to shoot all these before light went!
5d2, 17-40 L

Steph, you really need to make the trip over here :D
phil

6144927526_a6089fdc35_b.jpg

6202869869_96f84e7ba1_b.jpg

6200994172_70e4650c0b_b.jpg

Comments

• TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Wow! Great photos. I really like the way you composed the shots with the waterfall. Most would photography the waterfall by itself, but you have a unique perspective of including only a portion of it in the landscape. Nice job.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Really nice series but the horizontal shot just really hits the viewer. Very senic, great composition, lots of drama. When I was looking at your first two shots I said, man I hope he took a horizontal>
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Hi, Very dramatic clouds in these shots - very moody. Haven't been to Wales for over thirty years - maybe one day.

Cheers, Richard.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Really nice series but the horizontal shot just really hits the viewer. Very senic, great composition, lots of drama. When I was looking at your first two shots I said, man I hope he took a horizontal>

15524779-Ti.gif
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    Woo hoo! It's time to see more of Snowdonia! :D

I just can't get over what an amazing view that is. The last two in particular!