Options

After Church

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited October 5, 2011 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Great catch, Ben! The Devil's in the church. :-) I might crop this just to the right edge of the older woman's hand, and then go across the top the same amount to maintain the proportions.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited October 5, 2011
    I can see BD's point as a matter of composition. But, wait--perhaps it's my monitor or some sort of illusion, but that woman on the right edge seems to be half naked. WTF? I guess churches in SoCal aren't like churches in Spain. lol3.gif
  • Options
    david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    richard wrote: »
    i can see bd's point as a matter of composition. But, wait--perhaps it's my monitor or some sort of illusion, but that woman on the right edge seems to be half naked. Wtf? I guess churches in socal aren't like churches in spain. lol3.gif

lol
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    I can see BD's point as a matter of composition. But, wait--perhaps it's my monitor or some sort of illusion, but that woman on the right edge seems to be half naked. WTF? I guess churches in SoCal aren't like churches in Spain. lol3.gif

I completely missed that!
    I was so focused on the devilish smile on the woman in the back and that odd man blocking her way that I missed the seemingly naked woman. The guy behind her seems to be staring and the woman right behind her....I don't know. I'm so baffled. What church is this?

lol--on further review she looks naked but like she's holding a clutch purse. You So Cal people.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    That was the first thing I noticed and thought shouldn't this be in Go Figure? rolleyes1.gif

Looks like the guy is actually looking at an infant child if that's a shoe I see. Otherwise, he's busted.

I'm somewhat drawn more to the lady in the doorway and her look. thumb.gif Well, that and the guy blocking her egress makes me wonder.....

Oh, image.... yeah, I'd try to drop the nudie on the right but not sure what that does to proportions. I really like how the background windows are with their curves at the top.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Great catch, Ben! The Devil's in the church. :-) I might crop this just to the right edge of the older woman's hand, and then go across the top the same amount to maintain the proportions.
    Richard wrote: »
    david-low wrote: »
    lol
    I completely missed that!
    I was so focused on the devilish smile on the woman in the back and that odd man blocking her way that I missed the seemingly naked woman. The guy behind her seems to be staring and the woman right behind her....I don't know. I'm so baffled. What church is this?

lol--on further review she looks naked but like she's holding a clutch purse. You So Cal people.
    M38A1 wrote: »
    That was the first thing I noticed and thought shouldn't this be in Go Figure? rolleyes1.gif

Looks like the guy is actually looking at an infant child if that's a shoe I see. Otherwise, he's busted.

I'm somewhat drawn more to the lady in the doorway and her look. thumb.gif Well, that and the guy blocking her egress makes me wonder.....

Oh, image.... yeah, I'd try to drop the nudie on the right but not sure what that does to proportions. I really like how the background windows are with their curves at the top.

Nudie on the Right, I know you want ME on the Left & coming out of Church!
    I'm sorry B.D. I can't crop a smidgen rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    I'm even more confused....

Looking at the original, there's a mole on "nudies side". The skin tone is identical to the top and bottom leading me to not comprehend a dress being there. Me thinks she was having a wardrobe malfunction....

I wonder what a crop would do to totally change the context. For instance, crop it to the back of the older woman, include the guy and the gal on the right. Look at the older women's expression and hand gesture, as if to be laughing and saying "...what the heck is going on in front of me"?