The calm after the storm

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited October 7, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
After being stuck in our tent for a few hours in sideways rain, hail, sleet and wind, it turned into a really nice calm night.

33 minute exposure of our camp last weekend. I love how these turn out. You never really know what you are going to get.

i-7fdbxNK-XL.jpg

Comments

• PhilD41PhilD41 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Well done. I have to admit, I don't know that I would have thought to do that. I do like how it turned out though. Love the tent and lights outside. The star trails are a great touch as well. Great Job!
    -~= Philip =~-
    Go Shoot Something Already! - Flickr Photostream
    Have you performed a few Random Acts of Parenting today? :)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Cool thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Fun shot...were you able to think back and figure out what all the light trails were.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 5, 2011
    zoomer wrote: »
    Fun shot...were you able to think back and figure out what all the light trails were.

Cars lol3.gif

Fun stuff.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    The light trails were from all of us standing around. The long ones on the right side are me walking back and forth washing dishes. The red is one of my buddies lamps while he went down to get some water from the lake. The others are a combo of all of us turning the lights on and off while we hung out and had some cocktails.
    edited October 6, 2011
    Zerodog wrote: »
    The light trails were from all of us standing around. The long ones on the right side are me walking back and forth washing dishes. The red is one of my buddies lamps while he went down to get some water from the lake. The others are a combo of all of us turning the lights on and off while we hung out and had some cocktails.

What were your settings for this shot ... if you don't mind me asking :D
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2011
    Nikon D3s with 20mm 2.8. Exposure was 33 min f11 ISO 250. I think I also had my circular polarizer on too. I wrapped my big gorillapod onto a tree stump and used a crappy remote to use the bulb function. This was pretty much straight from the camera. I did a little tweaking of colors but not a lot. I also used the recovery slider a little to pull back a little more detail in the tent.
    edited October 7, 2011
    Zerodog wrote: »
    Nikon D3s with 20mm 2.8. Exposure was 33 min f11 ISO 250. I think I also had my circular polarizer on too. I wrapped my big gorillapod onto a tree stump and used a crappy remote to use the bulb function. This was pretty much straight from the camera. I did a little tweaking of colors but not a lot. I also used the recovery slider a little to pull back a little more detail in the tent.

Thank you :D

Never thought about using a CP at night when taking shots like this. Good to know one can do that.