composition - again

AndyAndy BicameralNew YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
edited March 18, 2007 in Technique

Comments

  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    bump
  • GREAPERGREAPER Major grins Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Great links Andy
  • erich6erich6 Photoholic Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Thanks for the links Andy. This is great info.

    Erich
  • jrollinsjrollins Big grins Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Very nice indeed - thanks!
    Canon 20D with Grip
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
  • VikingViking Major grins Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    where is all the info on this page?
    http://photoinf.com/Golden_Mean/photo-adjuster.html

    Viewing the picture? rolleyes1.gif
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Viking wrote:
    where is all the info on this page?
    http://photoinf.com/Golden_Mean/photo-adjuster.html

    Viewing the picture? rolleyes1.gif

    Does not work in Safari - but it works great in Firefox. What browser are you using?
  • VikingViking Major grins Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Does not work in Safari - but it works great in Firefox. What browser are you using?


    Safari of course.


    Worked like you sayd fine in firefox and camino.
    :):
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Get your golden ratio, right here:

    http://www.papasphotography.com/gallery/1850197#133672126-L-LB

    I hope papa will post here on Dgrin. This shot is so good, in so many ways.

    1) the color is pure
    2) it's got shock-value (who puts a straw in a tomato?) - I'm INSTANTLY engaged.
    3) the tomato. is set off from the bg perfectly, our focus is on the main subjet
    4) the golden mean is working, phi
    5) the catchlight reflection is a tomato shape itself
  • MarkPMarkP Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Get your golden ratio, right here:

    http://www.papasphotography.com/gallery/1850197#133672126-L-LB

    I hope papa will post here on Dgrin. This shot is so good, in so many ways.

    1) the color is pure
    2) it's got shock-value (who puts a straw in a tomato?) - I'm INSTANTLY engaged.
    3) the tomato. is set off from the bg perfectly, our focus is on the main subjet
    4) the golden mean is working, phi
    5) the catchlight reflection is a tomato shape itself

    Thanks for the attention to the shot Andy! Not sure how you found it among all the awesome shots on Smugmug, but here’s the quick history on this image. I was experimenting with different lighting techniques simply using a tomato on black cloth. I noticed the wonderful shape the catch light made on the tomato, but wanted to spruce up the shot a little. I thought about the old Tropicana commercials with the straw in the orange and went hunting for a straw. Unfortunately I left the sliced tomato under the lights while looking for the straw, so the green leaves dried up a little (that one leaf was not standing up straight when I started shooting), and the tomato dried up a little and was not as juicy as I wanted it to be, but the image still came out to my liking. I was using the rule of 3rds for the placement of the heart shaped lighting (apparently it fits the Golden Ration as well - this is a new term to me). No cropping was done on this photo. Camera setting details can be seen on the image. Glad you liked it!
    -Mark
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    MarkP wrote:
    Thanks for the attention to the shot Andy! Not sure how you found it among all the awesome shots on Smugmug, but here’s the quick history on this image. I was experimenting with different lighting techniques simply using a tomato on black cloth. I noticed the wonderful shape the catch light made on the tomato, but wanted to spruce up the shot a little. I thought about the old Tropicana commercials with the straw in the orange and went hunting for a straw. Unfortunately I left the sliced tomato under the lights while looking for the straw, so the green leaves dried up a little (that one leaf was not standing up straight when I started shooting), and the tomato dried up a little and was not as juicy as I wanted it to be, but the image still came out to my liking. I was using the rule of 3rds for the placement of the heart shaped lighting (apparently it fits the Golden Ration as well - this is a new term to me). No cropping was done on this photo. Camera setting details can be seen on the image. Glad you liked it!
    -Mark

    Welcome! wave.gif

    We'd love you to post more images here, see the "Shots" forums, and don't forget about the $25K "Last Photographer Standing" contest!!!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.