Options

Still Taking A Lot Of Adivce with Aenna

BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
edited October 7, 2011 in People
This is my newest model, a gorgeous German model named Aenna.

I don't need to list the advice taken in this thread but I hope all my C&C ers can see their work in here even where I'm using textures and elements of interest. NO flash at all this day. Never took one out of the car.

Click the first image for her gallery which is still being completed.

p666834528-4.jpg

p655875560-4.jpg

p19260750-4.jpg

p678426639-4.jpg

p180109108-4.jpg

p304902458-4.jpg

p37860005-4.jpg
Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    #7 is the winner here, and I also like #4. As a serious nit on 7, the positioning of her right foot could have been a tiny bit more elegant and "placed", but that is a nit. #6 is a really nice pose and expression; not sure I like the bg on that one because the strong horizontals "chop" her in half; I bet it would be a terrific 3/4 or head and shoulders shot if you crop it, though! #3 would have been nice if the table/bench had been different. As it is, the black metal really pulls me out of the mood of the shot, and also contributes to the sense of "stripes" behind her (mulch/grass+table/concrete/bushes). #2 is really close, but the complex lines of the stairs behind her grabbed my eye before she did. It's a really interesting background in that one - and you situated her well against the solid vertical pillar - but there are still a whole lotta lines going on there....
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    7 ftw. Love that one.
    You may not notice it but your style is changing...slowly but surely.
    Maybe if you think of it work on some more creative compositions. From higher from lower...some negative space. Don't shoot with your background and model square to the camera, think angles.
    Over all I like this set.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    You may not notice it but your style is changing...slowly but surely.

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    Thanks Diva. That castle like structure was so interesting that I was very consciously trying to balance including the architectural elements with not distracting from Aenna. A little bit from you, a little bit from me.mwink.gif

Here's an SOOC out take showing all the gorgeous elements we were working with (or against?? )

p130965771-3.jpg

Zoomer, I absolutely agree that my style is changing and even I think it's for the better.:D For example, a lot of this latest shoot was my 70-200 at f4 from 75-100 feet away. As much as I may argue about certain elements here, I am intentionally adopting many of the suggestions I've gotten over the past few months. I give full credit (and not a little gratitude) to the crew here at GRIN.

My outdoor season is probably over at the end of October but I've still got 10 or so shoots scheduled before that so let's see how I finish up. By the way, Cindy iloveyou.gif and I are headed for a castle in two weeks for a "Roman" concept so that's something we guys can all to look forward to.
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    These are all great except #3. The black metal bench does not fit with the picture. A rule of thumb when making something like the bench to be a major part of the picture is if it would be interesting on it's own. Your use of backgrounds have really improved for the other shots and compliment the model.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    Thanks Jon.

Good to hear from one of my "regulars".

Vis a vis your comment, I think the door in # 1 would be interesting on it's own, just not half as much as with Aenna.mwink.gif
  • Options
    jeremy_danieljeremy_daniel Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2011
    Thanks Diva. That castle like structure was so interesting that I was very consciously trying to balance including the architectural elements with not distracting from Aenna. A little bit from you, a little bit from me.mwink.gif

Here's an SOOC out take showing all the gorgeous elements we were working with (or against?? )

p130965771-3.jpg

Zoomer, I absolutely agree that my style is changing and even I think it's for the better.:D For example, a lot of this latest shoot was my 70-200 at f4 from 75-100 feet away. As much as I may argue about certain elements here, I am intentionally adopting many of the suggestions I've gotten over the past few months. I give full credit (and not a little gratitude) to the crew here at GRIN.

My outdoor season is probably over at the end of October but I've still got 10 or so shoots scheduled before that so let's see how I finish up. By the way, Cindy iloveyou.gif and I are headed for a castle in two weeks for a "Roman" concept so that's something we guys can all to look forward to.

I think that at the end of the day a 70-200 f4 is a good portrait you can get some really good depth of field, yes you are not as up front and personal with your model but this works in a lot of ways also. I dig the photos, a few probably could benefit if the background was even more out of focus, but the poses and stuff look really nice. I also love the different textures you used in the photos.

Jeremy
    Jeremy Daniel Photography
    NANPA Member
    Student Photography Society
    Gear: Nikon D700 SB-600 18-55mm 10-20mm 70-300mm
    Wildlife * People * Landscapes * HDR