Options

Senior Shoot Help

B JoynerB Joyner Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 9, 2011 in People
Here are a couple from a senior photo shoot last weekend.
Haven't had time to process very many.
Just looking for any helpful criticism.

Thanks

IMG9349-L.jpg

IMG9334-L.jpg

IMG93362-L.jpg

IMG9363-L.jpg

IMG9423-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Looks like a decent start to me...

On #1 her skin tone looks a little off but based on the shirt it doesn't look like a WB issue.
    Do use LR for post work?
    There are some powerful tools to help correct this type of thing.
    #2 is nice but I'm a little bothered by the soft shadows cast on the woodwork behind her
    #3 I like what you've done with the treatment but I'm not keen on the big bright background to her left.
    #4 Not crazy about the background or shadows here
    #5 Again nice but perhaps a few steps to your right and you could have avoided the bright background as well

There's probably other things that others can point out but those are the obvious items to me....

Pretty young lady and a good start :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    I think the images are good. If they were my images I would up the exposure a bit in 2 and 4 and maybe crop out a bit of the bright side in 3. Get a big ostrich feather or something to tickle this girl with because she is not very expressive in any of the images. There is a nice hint of a smile in 3.
    Brian
    Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography
  • Options
    B JoynerB Joyner Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2011
    She has a beautiful smile I just didn't realize I forgot to include an example of it.

Thanks for the tips.

IMG9458-L.jpg
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    Lighting, posing and expression are where it's at. Your #4 is what is typically called Rembrandt ighting although this example is somewhat severe. Your avatar is a good starting point just turn your head till you get the triangle patch under the far eye. Before you take the image frame it with your hands and look past your subject for distracting areas,#3, the hot light.

Your have great skin tones but your posescould be a little more relaxed, #2. Hope that helps some.