Today's Trip through NH

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited October 8, 2011 in Landscapes
Got home a couple of hours ago from a drive through NH. Headed up through Franconia Notch then to Sugar Hill and along Route 302 down to Crawford Notch and back home to Mass. Overall I would say colors are just pre-peak. Should get to peak by the weekend with the upcoming frost. Had some really great light and, for the one hour of rain, I managed to stay very happy at Polly's Pancake Parlor (first time there and it was damn good). Here are some quickly processed pix:

Eagle Cliff
i-dFCfZcQ-L.jpg

Sugar Hill Road
i-bFzGWFt-L.jpg

Steeple at Sugar Hill
i-n2BNgCt-L.jpg

Through the Trees - Grandview Road
i-tm6PRnD-L.jpg

Top of the Hill Farm
i-SjbkmVt-L.jpg

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 5, 2011
    Very nice, E. They make me feel nostalgic for the place where I spent half my life. There's something about that last one that's almost mesmerizing.
  • knapphknapph Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    I think it is time to pack up the car and take a drive west. I liked the clouds you got in the first shot.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Thank you both. Just finished processing pix from that trip.

Flume Cascade
    50D72502-Edit-L.jpg

Silver Cascade
    50D72442-Edit-L.jpg

Crawford Notch
    50D72437-Edit-L.jpg

The Tracks
    50D72386-Edit-2-L.jpg

Mount Washington Inn
    50D72346-Edit-L.jpg

Rt 302
    50D72301-Edit-L.jpg

Sugar Hill Panorama
    50D72285-Panorama-L.jpg

Farm at Sugar Hill
    50D72250-Edit-L.jpg
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    These are great! The fall colors around Eagle Cliff are beautiful and the mist gives me a sense of the weather during the time you took it. The Steeple at Sugar Hill will really be spectacular when all those leaves change color....nice comp. And I love your take on "The Tracks." Nice juxtaposition of the tracks and highway. I expect a train to come barreling around the corner any minute. Are you going back next weekend for more color....if not maybe another stop at Polly's? :)
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    I plan to return to some of these spots next week and am hoping this week's frost pushes the colors along faster.
    As for Polly's, I feel like an addict going through withdrawals.... Have never had such a desire to return to a restaurant and eat the same meal as I do for Polly's Pancake sampler with Maple spread and syrup on and a nice cup of coffee....
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2011
    Oh wow, these are great. I'm headed up that way next week and based on the color when you shot these, I have high hopes that it'll be peak!!!