Natures Color challenge entry

jmearnsjmearns Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited October 19, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm taking the leap and entering some shots in the Natures Color challenge. Not sure exactly sure how to submit photos, or where to put them (newbie) but I'll put a couple in this thread and figure it out as I go along.

This one is a close up of a dogwood leaf with a spider which I didn't even see when I snapped the shot.

40701969-M.jpg

Next, close up of a rose - "Honey Perfume", purposefully "softened". This is the 2nd version of this photo that I have posted. I re-editted from the original - softer colors, softer edges.

40701956-M.jpg

Comments are what I'm here for.

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    #2 is great!
    It has real potential. Maybe darken a little bit to avoid oversaturation on the petals. I would also cleaned the background (right top corner). If reshooting is possible - sprinkle it with water ot get the "dew" effect:-)
    Welcome to gdrin, very nice entries for a first-time poster!thumb.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jmearnsjmearns Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the upper right corner and will try to take another shot of this rose in the morning when the dew is real.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    They are both nice. I like the second one better also although it seems just a tad oversharpened.

The first one has nice graphic and color detail but they don't seem to work together to form a cohesive composition.

Erich