Options

Wedding Challenge • 10/2011 • It's all in the Details!

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited November 3, 2011 in Weddings
Hey guys!

There will be 3 more challenges this year (I am not sure if they will be continued next year), so you guys have 3 more chances to win!! :D Heather sent me the new theme last night, so let's see what you got. The theme is quite "open", so there are no big limits, except Heather's wish to see some outside the box thinking :D
Note from Heather:

Details Shmeetails:

Every bride has cool little things she has done to make her wedding special and unique.

Show off your amazing photos of cool cufflinks, boutonnieres, table decor, favors, guestbooks, ceremony decorations and etc. Lets enjoy some solid photography of things that don't move. Rings are great, but lets think outside of the ring box.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE GALLERY

or go to: www.smugmug.com

login: DgrinExtras
password: knockknock

Then go to: Wedding Challenge • 10/2011 • It's all in the Details!

From there you should be able to upload a pic, but let me know if you have any questions (see top right corner / UPLOAD > TO THIS GALLERY)
When you upload a photo, please mention YOUR NAME below the photo, or your nickname (I need to be able to contact you, if you win, so don't make it too hard, haha). Please do NOT upload full res files as I can't take any responsibilities for it and don't want the photo to end up in the wrong hands. Feel free to put your name on the photo.

Once we announce the winner, the top 3 pics will receive a 1st / 2nd / 3rd place badge :D

The CUT-OFF date is October 30th Heather will then have time to choose the 3 winners and will announce them by November 2nd :barb

Let me (or Heather) know if you have any questions.

:lust

Shhhhhht, there are 2 entries allowed per person.
Let's gooooooo!!! :lynnma

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    Does the image have to be taken during the challenge period, or can i use an image taken say last year?

Sam
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Does the image have to be taken during the challenge period, or can i use an image taken say last year?

Sam

Hey Sam! No worries, it can be an older photo thumb.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    Angie, you should have the cart turned off for these challenges.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2011
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Angie, you should have the cart turned off for these challenges.

Matt

Thanks Matt, lost that one in the process. All fixed.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2011
    Thanks ang
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited October 14, 2011
    I love this theme! So inspiring :)
  • Options
    kris10whitekris10white Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Well I uploaded two pictures, but since I am just starting out. The pics in this gallery are beautiful! I love them!
    Kristen M. White
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    Who uploaded photos #7 & #8? You didn't put your username in the caption area. No idea who submitted those. I just submitted my two photos :)
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2011
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    Alright, so, this past weekend I got to shoot my first wedding (as a 3rd shooter to really learn the ropes with little to no pressure). I decided to quickly look through the images I got to post two of them - they may not end up being the best shots from the set, but I really wanted to finally participate in this great community contest! So, thanks for hosting them - because I certainly will participate as long as they are around.

(on a separate note, I'll be posting some of the images in the Wedding forum once I cull and edit them - I think I'll finally have time this weekend, after a 55 hour work week.)
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    I just submitted two :) That picture of the man and the child, the little girl is adorable!
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2011
    mr peas wrote: »
    I just submitted two :) That picture of the man and the child, the little girl is adorable!

Yeah but I don't understand why it was submitted, it's not a photo of details. So I'm a bit confused why it's even there.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2011
    Hey guys. Today is the last day to submit your photos to our monthly challenge. I've decided that I'll retire the challenges, there are just not enough people participating .... too bad, as I thought it was a fun idea, but it doesn't make much sense to keep it going anymore. We WILL have 2 more challenges after this (November & December), but that'll be it.

Thanks to everybody that submitted their photos, much appreciated iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Hey guys. Today is the last day to submit your photos to our monthly challenge. I've decided that I'll retire the challenges, there are just not enough people participating .... too bad, as I thought it was a fun idea, but it doesn't make much sense to keep it going anymore. We WILL have 2 more challenges after this (November & December), but that'll be it.

Thanks to everybody that submitted their photos, much appreciated iloveyou.gif

Sad face! I just found out about them (and I'm finally getting into wedding photography, albeit slowly). It is such a shame, because I had SO much fun looking through the images that everyone posted from previous challenges! Hopefully there will be more interest in the future, and these can be revived. Expect images from me in November and December as well :D
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    There were some really pretty photos to choose from! Thanks to all that entered! iloveyou.gifclap

Here is what I came up with for the winners:
    1. Shima: I absolutely loved the position of her hands. The pose seemed most appropriate for an Indian bride, plus the detail and texture of this photo is amazing. But it isn't just a great photo, it is of an interesting subject which is what put it at first place for me.
    DgrinOctoberShimaHenna-L.jpg

2. Sphynge: I love how you isolated a simple subject, processed it with a pop and made it seem elegant, bright and airy. The bride will love this photo.
    sphynge0007-L.jpg

3. Smurfy: Your shallow dof and soft processing sold me on this one. It really brings out the rich texture and warmness of the shoes. Very pretty.
    0001bckyprps-6-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2011
    Congrats Shima (and the other winners)! There were some really great images to choose from!
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2011
    Thanks! I'm very honored to have won this month! I love that photo, it's one I often use as a sample print... I took that in August 2010 in the wedding I shot in the United Kingdom :)
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    It's beautiful, Shima.
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited November 3, 2011
    Ohhhhh so close!!! Congrats everyone who entered... this was a really awesome challenge :D
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2011
    sphynge wrote: »
    Ohhhhh so close!!! Congrats everyone who entered... this was a really awesome challenge :D

Show me some wedding dress photos now! :)