100611LunchLadies-XL.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Love the photos. Im more drawn into the second one but I love the composition in the first.

My only complaint with number two, which has absolutely nothing to do with you, is the TV in the upper left corner. it seems out of place in the photograph or something.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Love the photos. Im more drawn into the second one but I love the composition in the first.

My only complaint with number two, which has absolutely nothing to do with you, is the TV in the upper left corner. it seems out of place in the photograph or something.

Thanks for the kind words. As to the TV, I included it purposely because I felt there was something particularly inconcruous about it, given the garb of the lunch ladies. But maybe it doesn't work.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words. As to the TV, I included it purposely because I felt there was something particularly inconcruous about it, given the garb of the lunch ladies. But maybe it doesn't work.

Given their garb, it is incongruous that they are even at a pizza counter. My thoughts are that the pizza AND the television are by choice as perhaps both are lacking at home. I like this a lot.

Now kindly educate us on "the Linpad 5x7".
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 7, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    Now kindly educate us on "the Linpad 5x7".
    It's the love child of a Linhof 4x5 field camera and an iPad. One nice detail is that the image in the LCD is upside down.

lol3.gif

#1: OMG, BD took a tilted shot. In other news, hell freezes over--update at 11. mwink.gif

I think the TV is very much in place in #2 and adds to the incongruity.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2011
    Typing with one finger - so:
    No freeze in hell yet, Richard, because one of the stated exceptions to my no tilt rule is that a student may tilt if that's the only way to get all desired elements into a shot - note the iconic Citgo sign in the lower left; :-)

Yes, the whole image is a mashup of incongruities;

And of course, the Linpad (LinPad) is the terrifying, challenging love child of a classic Linhof and an iPad2 - I guess it should rightly be called a LinPad2. I have installed the iPhone ProCamera ap on the LinPad2, which I HIGHLY recommend to any iPhone shooter as it allows exposureand focal point control, and includes an on-screen level, and I'm finding th LinPad2 to be a wonderfully challenging tool - if only the damn sensor was more than 1 meg - but isn't that what the first Pro Nikon DSLR had? :-)

Finally, totally off topic - THE best simple response to the death of Steve Jobs, posted on FB by a good friend of mine - iSad.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com