Options

#87 -- Tertiary Rainbow

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited October 7, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Challenge worthy? Not a three I've ever seen before...

6219051280_c50cc6439a_o.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    very interesting -- I see the three bows. Assuming there's no reflection/refraction in a window, I'm guessing you're seeing another rainbow from another source?

A true tertiary bow would be in the direction of the sun and has never been seen in the wild.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    Not seen in the wild? I wasn't sure what to make of the extra bow, searched triple rainbow, and saw plenty pics of them online. And actually, someone just published the first pic of a quartenary. Yesterday, I think.

I don't know however that this is not simply another rainbow. I took a long burst of shots as the ferry passed the point. Over the 30 or so shots, only 2 had the hint of the third bow.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Too Busy...but without the Ship??
    tom wise
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,276 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2011
    I agree, it's a bit busy. Have you tried cropping it vertically to get rid of both the ship and the lighthouse to just showcase the rainbows?
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2011
    You're right. It's one thing to catch a cool rainbow. It's another to have a challenge-worthy photo. I actually like the lighthouse and ferry in it, just because of what the bright golden sun was doing to them too. But, I'll keep thinking of threes...
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com