Saturday Night Special

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited October 11, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Went out to eat a couple wks ago .. took these shots.

1 --

i-ZXcsbgv-L.jpg

2 --

i-Q3bf2XV-L.jpg

3 --

i-NrCk3K6-L.jpg

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    Looks a cozy place, Mary! Love the cap under the seat in the 3rd! :-)

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Looks a cozy place, Mary! Love the cap under the seat in the 3rd! :-)

Neil

Howdy Neil ..

That hat looked brand spankin' new. I was surprised to see it sitting on the floor. Haven't ever seen a man do that before. Usually they hang it on the chair.

This was my first time taking photos inside. Had to try it out to see if I could do it. Lighting was low so wasn't sure how they would turn out.

Thanks for taking a look Neil and commenting :D
    edited October 10, 2011
    Did you use your 5D2? Very nice results.

Neil

edited October 10, 2011
    Did you use your 5D2? Very nice results.

Neil

I don't have the 5D2 yet :cry:cry:cry Sure wish I did. I used my 40d with my 24-105 lens. Turned my ISO to 800 which really scared me since the 40d is terrible with noise. Other settings were 1/50 at f/4. In my old hands it was a risk rolleyes1.gif

They actually came out ok noise wise which surprised me. Did run then through denoising, but very little.

As for the 5D2 -- I'm hoping Santa thinks I've been a nice girl this year. If not .. I'll buy it myself :D It will be the first thing I've bought myself camera gear wise.
    edited October 11, 2011
    Yeah you can go ISO800 on the 40D no problem. I've been to 1600 with some recent pics on DG. The 24-105 IS can be good even lower down to 1/30 and 1/20. I can see noise in the 3rd but the other two are fine! Do you have Lr3.5, the NR tools are outstanding?

Ha! I too am dreaming of the 5D2 or next version, but in no hurry right now! And unlike you, there's no way Santa's gonna bring it to this wicked kiddo!:D

Best wishes.

Neil

edited October 11, 2011
    Yeah you can go ISO800 on the 40D no problem. I've been to 1600 with some recent pics on DG. The 24-105 IS can be good even lower down to 1/30 and 1/20. I can see noise in the 3rd but the other two are fine! Do you have Lr3.5, the NR tools are outstanding?

Ha! I too am dreaming of the 5D2 or next version, but in no hurry right now! And unlike you, there's no way Santa's gonna bring it to this wicked kiddo!:D

Best wishes.

Neil

I don't have LR ... I use Noiseware Professional.

Wicked huh rolleyes1.gifrofl