6226153132_bb00201e32_b.jpg

6225632751_d7671601ae_b.jpg

And the spidey a few days before it became a mom:

6225632399_d9d0929ebf_b.jpg

C&C most welcome!

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited October 9, 2011
    very interesting , not sure about the colour though, did you use flash? and is white ballance correct as they look very warm!
  • ananthtmananthtm Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    yup, i used flash. WB was tough to nail as you have said, bcoz this was a combination of direct sunlight, and diffused flash head-on. Any suggestions how to nail WB in this case?

The spider and egg are at this brownish color, centimeters away from the wall which is of similar light cream color.
    I wish this spider was on a green leaf bkground or something, for contrast.

Lemme give it a renewed attempt tomorrow morning and see how it comes, but I dont have much hopes. I've shot > 100 pics of this spider and they've all come with this cream color tinge, what am I missing in PP?
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited October 9, 2011
    your diffuser is probably causing the wb to warm up, mine does the same. i have custom set a cool w b on camera to compensate.
    you need to reduce colour temp of wb in raw conversion .
  • ananthtmananthtm Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    got it!
    Thanks Phil, appreciate the help :-)
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    i allways have WB set to ; flash [ as i allways use flash ]
    this compensates already
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2011
    very nice first postings. I had the same reaction to the color cast. In shade with flash, I generally set the camera for flash and adjust from there, but I always shoot raw, so it is easy to adjust. One thing you might try is to find ambient lighting similar to that in which you will be shooting, and then shoot a neutral gray card with your flash and the settings you would use for macro shots. Then open that in your editing software, use the gray to set the white balance, and remember the temperature setting.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    Good and interesting shots.
    When using full flash I nearly always reduce the colour temp during RAW processing down to around 5500/5600'C.
    Brian v.