Options

How to Hide Galleries from Certain Viewers?

GlamRetouchGlamRetouch Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 10, 2011 in SmugMug Support
I have the pro account.

I have 6 public Galleries and i have 12 other password protected proof galleries for models.

Question: I dont want the public to SEE the 12 private password protected galleries I have...But I want the 12 models to be able to see and access their own galleries. I want the 12 model galleries to be there...but hidden to the public eye. Can I do this with SmugMug? I dont mind if the 12 models have a different unique URL to get to their own galleries or a special entry point.

Thanks or your suggestions

Comments

• Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    Hi,

You can hide them from the public eye by making them Unlisted in the Gallery Settings. Go into a gallery you want to hide and click on Tools -> Gallery Settings and then scroll down to 'Security and Privacy' and change the privacy setting to 'Unlisted' and then scroll down or up and save your changes. You can do this to multiple galleries at once, just select 'Multiple Galleries' at the top and then choose the galleries you want this setting applied to from the dropdown. Then scroll down and check the box next to the function you want to change, make the change and the save your changes.

This will make the galleries hidden from public eyes but you can give each model the full URL to the gallery and he/she will be able to go there and login and do what they need.

Let me know if that answers your questions :)

With best regards,
    Ryan W.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new