Options

Kierra in Black and White

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited October 14, 2011 in People
Well I've been far too inactive, and since I was lurking I figured I ought to drop some of my latest portraits in here for fun. We did an impromptu shoot with my wife's pseudo-sister last week-ish sometime. Lighting is two AlienBee strobes, with a sheet for a backdrop lit from behind, another sheet hung over a coathanger for a diffuser on the main light, and a piece of posterboard for a reflector.

I was really torn over taking these all the way to black and white, since they also look awesome in both full color and just slightly saturated, but we were talking about black and white as we shot so I figured I'd do the full set as such.

Feel free to point out anything I could do better! The older I get, the more I find out I have no clue about. :D

1)
Edit-02-L.jpg

2)
Edit-04-L.jpg

3)
Edit-09-L.jpg

4)
Edit-14-L.jpg

5)
Edit-17-L.jpg

6)
Edit-20-L.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited October 12, 2011
    The 5th pic really stands out among the set. Stunning.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    yup..leapt off the screen
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    5 is Wowza and also love 6.
    The others are nice, but the couple wisps of hair are kinda distracting. It doesn't look like you have a lot of air moving, just some wild strays.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    Nice job. I like all of them. Some of the angles and setups are not what I would have chosen but still very nice.
    Like how you used the space in two....agree with the other comment however....needs more hair blowing or less. As is if you cleaned up the strays that would be a very nice shot as well.
    She is very pretty.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    Beautiful girl and gorgeous black and whites! I don't mind the hair strays in #1 and 2, but I would take them out in 3. I think 3 and 5 are my faves. So lovely!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    Great, thanks for the comments guys! Anybody got experience making a quantity of hair blow in the wind? I know my fan is powerful enough, but I agree it's not blowing enough of the hair, and so far that's been hit or miss with me.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com