Options

Image "write" query?

Steve PickfordSteve Pickford Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited October 21, 2005 in Cameras
Bought a Canon A510 in April, works fine but for the following:

Any pic taken without the flash seems to "write" a lot quicker on to the SD memory card than the same pic taken using a flash? The delay can be up to several seconds & can be a complete PITA - any ideas what the cause may be?

I get the same result with both Toshiba & Kingston SD cards, all 256mb. Not sure if they're Single or Multi-layer cards?

Camera is only 3mp & set to max resolution.

Comments

• Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2005
    Bought a Canon A510 in April, works fine but for the following:

Any pic taken without the flash seems to "write" a lot quicker on to the SD memory card than the same pic taken using a flash? The delay can be up to several seconds & can be a complete PITA - any ideas what the cause may be?

I get the same result with both Toshiba & Kingston SD cards, all 256mb. Not sure if they're Single or Multi-layer cards?

Camera is only 3mp & set to max resolution.
    That's not write time. That's flash recharge time. Welcome to the downside of canon moving from 4AA's to 2AA's.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    Steve PickfordSteve Pickford Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    That's not write time. That's flash recharge time. Welcome to the downside of canon moving from 4AA's to 2AA's.
    Thanks thumb.gif

Makes sense as it never happened with my old A60 that had 4 AA's.......