Borrowing a lens

bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited October 26, 2011 in Cameras
Forgive me if this isn't in the right place, but I figured since this was a lens question, it should go here.

Odd request: I'm looking to borrow a fisheye lens to duplicate a particular photographic scene, but using legos.

I have a scene from a photograph, and I'm trying to reproduce that scene with legos. I'm having trouble getting the right angle and I believe it's because I need a very short focal length that I don't have in my bag.

I looked on BorrowLenses, but the cheapest fisheye for one week cost more to ship to me than to rent. I was wondering if any kind soul on here was willing to loan me a fisheye lens for a week or less? I'm in central NJ, and willing to travel north or south within the state (NYC is a bit far, but I'm game if someone there is willing).

I know this is a longshot, but I'd rather not spend $50+ (and that's the ultra cheap Russian fisheye, let alone the Sigma or Nikon) on renting and shipping the lens if someone closer has it and I can meet up and buy them a beer and/or dinner for their time and trouble :)

Thanks in advance for any advice or offers. If you'd rather not offer via the forum, you can PM me and I'll be looking out for them.

~Nick
Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2011
    You may want to check to see if your local camera store or perhaps Adorama rents lenses.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2011
    Sorry we couldn't help you. Good luck with your project!!
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info :)

I did take a look at Adorama, but getting in and out of NYC is as bad as the shipping from BorrowLenses!

At this point, I figure I'm just going to make it work with what I have, since the budget is so limited.

And thanks for the support BorrowLenses, I've used you in the past and loved it! :)

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Poor Richard's Almanac
    Was it Ben Franklin who wrote "Neither a borrower nor lender be"?
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Seriously, I think if there were more fisheye owners on here, you'd get something. If I had one, I'd loan it to you (but I guess it's easy for me to say that). This guy's been around for a while. Anyone have a fisheye?