On the mind's eye erecting a line
Of poplars in the middle distance, the only
Object beside the mad, straight road"

from ~ Sleep in the Mojave - Sylvia Plath
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    It's a bit lost in the small format. I think the slight tilt weakens the punch of the otherwise uncompromising perspective. And maybe the grad filter comes down too low, a bit of contrast on the horizon might have added drama, shot off the roof, too. But of course it's your photo. And I like it! thumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    It's a bit lost in the small format. I think the slight tilt weakens the punch of the otherwise uncompromising perspective. And maybe the grad filter comes down too low, a bit of contrast on the horizon might have added drama, shot off the roof, too. But of course it's your photo. And I like it! thumb.gif

Neil

Thanks Neil- Quick edit on an old photo (2006), and I thought I got the tilt all the way out. Real hairline but creepy.

I was taking a break looking for some desert poetry this morning and came across Ms. Plath's poem. This photo came to mind immediately.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • SoCalAlSoCalAl Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2011
    I really like the image! I've spent a lot of time in the desert, none are flat! The "tilt" looks natural to me.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Thanks Al. It's miniscule. If it slopes to the left it's fine. If not, the important things is that I've found a nice background to illustrate the poem, along with an eyeball, and a line of 'poplars' (another common name for Fremont's cottonwod (Populus fremontii S. Wats.)). It should all make a nice composite someday this winter.
    Anybody can do it.