Rainbow Incense

senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
edited October 16, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I happened across a tutorial on how to shoot smoke and had to try it out. Lots of fun, and some very interesting processing as well. What do you think?

rainbowincensefinal-L.jpg
Jay

Comments

• mom2sagemom2sage Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Love it!
  • leilanimrleilanimr Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Very Cool! Colors are great!!!
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Nicely done!
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Cool shot! Care to share any tips?
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Really good thumb.gif I like that you kept the tips of the incense sticks in the photo.
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words everybody. cb, this http://www.jhoque.com/blog/how-to-photograph-smoke was the link that got me interested. I followed most of the recommendations, except using a well ventilated room. Our basement doesn't vent anywhere, I think I'm going to smell like juniper for a week. One thing I have to say though, is that a tripod was nearly indispensible for me, I'm not sure how he did without one. As for the colors, I FINALLY picked up Lightroom two weeks or so ago and it was a perfect time to start to learn how it handles color. It's different than PS of course, but I was pretty impressed with both the ease with which I picked it up and the quality of the results.
    Jay
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    senorjax wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words everybody. cb, this http://www.jhoque.com/blog/how-to-photograph-smoke was the link that got me interested. I followed most of the recommendations, except using a well ventilated room. Our basement doesn't vent anywhere, I think I'm going to smell like juniper for a week. One thing I have to say though, is that a tripod was nearly indispensible for me, I'm not sure how he did without one. As for the colors, I FINALLY picked up Lightroom two weeks or so ago and it was a perfect time to start to learn how it handles color. It's different than PS of course, but I was pretty impressed with both the ease with which I picked it up and the quality of the results.

Thank you for the link on 'how to' :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 16, 2011
    Nice work. Back in the 60s, we didn't have software to alter the color of incense. But it looked just like that anyway. There's got to be some explanation...:seamus

rolleyes1.gif
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Thanks Jay! Now I just have to decide what I want to smell like for the week.headscratch.gifD
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.