Your opinion - lost

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
edited October 20, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I shot this the other day. In my mind it evokes a place, a period where things were better and now are lost and abandoned... I want to keep this in color but give it an old film look, with colder colors. I would like your opinion.
Does the idea/picture work?
Am I way off base?
Any processing hints?
Should I keep it or toss it and try again?

:dunno

DSC0284-XL.jpg

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    Your vision is good, Juano. Unfortunately, the elements inside the frame does not agree much with your vision. The cement looks too clean to come out as an abandoned place. Your foreground element is smiling and is directly looking at the viewer. For it to look abandoned, it has to look diagonally or off camera (no eye contact) to give the impression of neglect. Blue is a cold color but i think your vision would work better with warm light or late sunset. If you add some grain to the image that would help, too. I think what this image really need are old, scattered, dead and dirty leaves.
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    You're right Jiro. In all respects. thanks
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 16, 2011
    I think jiro nailed it--way too clean and bright. It looks like it might be closed for the season, not lost or abandoned.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Thanks guys. You are absolutely right.
  • PhotoGUY123PhotoGUY123 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Perhaps if the duck was cropped out and it was a monochrome, those edits might make it closer to "lost." When I think of lost, I think of starker images where the image pulls you further into it. Also, when it comes to the theme "lost" I think of less in an image. Just my thoughts and input.