Options

Nikon f2.8 glass, SB-800 and Gitzo tripod

hiroProtagonisthiroProtagonist Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited October 30, 2011 in Nikon Land
I’m selling my Nikon glass due to recent and quite expensive bought of the Zeiss strain of prime fever. All glass is in excelent condition, the tripod is scuffed in a spot or two as tripods are want to do. Price includes PalPal fee and UPS ground (CONUS).

AF-S Nikkor 17–35mm f2.8D ED-IF Lens, both caps, HB–23 hood, CL–76 hard case, factory box………sold

AF-S Nikkor 24–70mm f/2.8G ED Lens, both caps, HB–40 hood, CL-M3 soft case, factory box……….$1400.00

AF-S Nikkor 70–200mm f2.8G ED VR I Lens, both caps, HB–29 hood, CL-M2 soft case, factory box, and RRS L–10 lens plate………..$1400.00

AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Lens, both caps, HB–38 hood, Nikon soft pouch, factory box………10/21 sold

Nikon SB–800 AF Speedlight SB–800, SW–10H diffusion dome, AS–19 stand, SS–800 pouch, SD–800 quick recycle battery pack, and a copy of the Magic Lantern guide to Nikon AF Speedlight flash system……….10/21 sold

Gitzo GT2531 EX Explorer series tripod with RRS BH–40 mid sized ball head and LR II lever-release clamp………sold
"But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"

Comments

• Options
    GroovyGeekGroovyGeek Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    The price on that Gizto + RRS is * obscene*, someone please buy it before I do. I need another tripod and ballhead like a need a bullet in the head (already have a Series 1 and a Series 3 and two ballheads) but I am a sucker for a great deal.
  • Options
    codyjbennettcodyjbennett Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Hiro, I'm contemplating the tripod/head setup... However, hitherto, I don't think I've ever spent more than $250 on support items combined... Shame on me, perhaps? Send me a PM or post here with your experience and why it might be worth the significant upgrade considering some of my fine art shots that I get with my current setup...

(http://photos.codyjbennett.com/Fine-Art/)

Thanks in advance for starting the dialog...

-Cody
  • Options
    GKR1GKR1 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    If you have to ask that question, you do not need the tripod or the ball head. Its like saying I have an old clunky car, why do I need a new car!. I'm sorry but lets keep his sale thread clean and not hijack it.

PM sent on Ballhead.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2011
    Hiro, I'm contemplating the tripod/head setup... However, hitherto, I don't think I've ever spent more than $250 on support items combined... Shame on me, perhaps? Send me a PM or post here with your experience and why it might be worth the significant upgrade considering some of my fine art shots that I get with my current setup...

(http://photos.codyjbennett.com/Fine-Art/)

Thanks in advance for starting the dialog...

-Cody

There's not much I can say on the value of quality tripod/ball head that hasn't already been said on this or any other photography forum. I'm a firm believer in not being an evangelist for any particular piece of kit (well I might evangelize Zeiss glass a bit), and my milage may differ considerably from yours. That being said Thom Hogan has an excelent article on his site on why spending $700 on a tripod is a better value than spending $200.
    http://www.bythom.com/support.htm
    "But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"
  • Options
    codyjbennettcodyjbennett Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    GKR1, sorry bout the "hijack". That's why I solicited a response potentially via PM. I considered sending my inquiry first through PM, but decided to post as any thread-response would only increase the visibility and the value of the sale...

Hiro, thanks for the much more productive response; that was educational to read through, and I'm glad you were able to find a buyer so soon (to my chagrin). I'll start my hunting for high-end support now. Ha!

Cheers, all!
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    The 105 f2.8 Micro, SB-800, 17-35 2.8, and tripod have all sold.
    The 24-70 2.8 and the 70-200 2.8 are still available

Added pics of the 24-70 and the 70-200 to my gallery

http://thfd.smugmug.com/Other/Lens/19674648_qSwfZc
  • Options
    glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    PM sent
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2011
    everything has sold