Options

Beach family session mid morning

tatetate Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited October 15, 2011 in People
Hello Everyone! I have a beach session tomorrow morning at 10:30...I tried to get the family earlier, but that was the time it worked for everyone. There is 13 people in this group. I have a Nikon D700 and usually use my 50mm 1.4 lens. I have the 70-300 as well as the kit lens (18-55) that came with my other camera the D40. This is a little local beach and they said there isnt any trees for open shade...so Im in a panic! Im hoping for rain tomorrow! LOL. I know ideally that it would be great to have the 24-70 lens...but since I just got the d700 a few weeks ago, thats not going to happen. I have my sb600 speedlight too.... Any recommended settings that I should put the camera on? I planned on using Manuel and f8+. Im just afraid that I will get the bright background and then the people will be dark?

BTW., Of course I will be careful tomorrow with the camera, but now Im nervous after reading about sand/beach elements....would I be better to just use my D40 and leave the d700 at home? Thanks !