Mini Challenge #129 - Winners

billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
edited October 19, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well... I'd like to point out that picking the winners is tough when the theme's so vague. I'll try to make a point of not offending anyone with the selections... Feel free to point out others you would have pointed to... Okay... enough.

Honorable mentions to...

ConCoconut for what looks like his/her first Dgrin post that contains both literal and figurative points. Cool.
ConConut-L.jpg

I really enjoy Froch's Point of Focus... especially when I see the varying directions individuals in the crowd are looking. And I can't help but think the headless female torso is lusting after the armless male.
828025657_iMw8q-XL.jpg

DaveV's majestic buck simply because is such an amazing photo. Wow!
705160039_CM9Nt-XL.jpg

pedalgirl's wonderful image reminds us that "harmony" is often found just off the well traveled road. (And what an amazing road it is... Hwy 1 on the coast of California should be on everyone's "must see - must drive" list!)
i-q57F2sr-L.jpg

Second Runner-up to:
MichaelLockhart for Glock'ed & Loaded. Every time I looked at it, I thought "Whoa.. I better pick this for something, or I could be in big trouble... hope it didn't need to win :huh
IMG9732-edit-L.jpg

Runner up to lizzardnyc for an amazing study in point of view and context. A fabulous shot and processing, framing that brings it all together.
1194724517_eHBUF-XL-1.jpg

And the winner is....
Photo-funtasia for this wonderful look at a busy crosswalk. Not sure why, but this just grabs my attention and doesn't let go. Very cool! So, Tatiana... MC #130 is all yours!
1067333770_LgFZN-L-14.jpg
Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug

Comments

• travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    OMG... Thank you much Bill wings.gif

The thing is that I always tried to avoid winning in these mini's because I don't know what theme to choose for the next contest...rolleyes1.gif

Please let me think and I'll come with something by tonight or latest tomorrow morning...

Thank you again so much - Wow! :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • MichaelLockhartMichaelLockhart Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Thank you for 2nd Runner-Up and gratz to everyone who participated.
    Michael Lockhart Photography | Like me on Facebook and I'll like you too! | Don't forget to read my Blog | Follow me on Twitter!
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Congrats to Tatiana and everyone else! Great work!
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2011
    Congrats, Tatiana! And welcome back! I was worried about you. :D I hope your business is doing well.

Lots of great entries in this round. I am sure it was hard to decide.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2011
    Thank you very much to both of you.

Unfortunately my business is not doing so great, even though I worked very hard on it.

- sometimes external factors that we cannot control strike and I'm not sure what to do to recover...
    I came back to photography for a little relaxation, so I don't lose my mind :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2011
    Thanks for the honorable mention!! That was one of my favorite photos from my trip up the coast. Believe it our not that was taken with my old point and shoot through the windshield ... while driving!! Of course some creative post processing didn't hurt... especially since it was so overcast that day. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Thanks for the HM, and Congrat's to Photo-funtasia.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.