Options

Wisconsin Whitetail (series)

FuhrtographerFuhrtographer Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited October 18, 2011 in Wildlife
I been fortunate enough to be able to photograph a buck from early summer to mid-fall. Kinda interesting to see him develope. CC always welcome, thanks for looking.

Mid June
20110626-IMG_6815.jpg
Mid Aug.
20110830-IMG_1102.jpg
20110830-IMG_1113.jpg
20110830-IMG_1169.jpg
Early Oct.
IMG_1941copy.jpg
IMG_1932copy.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    I think that the first one in this series is the best one out of the bunch, the rest are a tad soft but that is due to low shutter speed bump up your ISO would have helped to gain a faster shutter speed. You seem to have had a good day with these deer.
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2011
    Hey thanks for the input Dennis. I agree they are soft, and exactly for the reasons you say just always to scared of the higher ISO shot. I recently upgraded to a 7d from a 40d and I still have the fear from the 40d noise. Ironically enough the first shot is the only one shot with the 40d, but I had a 60mm prime on it. The rest are shot with my 7d and canon 70-300mm at 300mm. I have shot less than 50 shots with this lens, so let me ask. The lens has IS so if I shoot at 300mm what is a good minimum to shoot at? 1/250 or do I have to go faster?
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2011
    Hey thanks for the input Dennis. I agree they are soft, and exactly for the reasons you say just always to scared of the higher ISO shot. I recently upgraded to a 7d from a 40d and I still have the fear from the 40d noise. Ironically enough the first shot is the only one shot with the 40d, but I had a 60mm prime on it. The rest are shot with my 7d and canon 70-300mm at 300mm. I have shot less than 50 shots with this lens, so let me ask. The lens has IS so if I shoot at 300mm what is a good minimum to shoot at? 1/250 or do I have to go faster?

Go faster, you are shooting at the furthest length of the lens which is usually not the strength of most lenses. Any slight movement will be magnified.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2011
    Will do Harry, gonna shoot fast. I am learning its hard to make a good photo if you don't start tack sharp. Kinda get spoiled shooting with a 60mm prime!

Thanks
    Brian