Options

Fasten your seatbelts....

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 16, 2011 in People
As if being WAY outside my comfort zone shooting a 2 year old wasn't enough, it's bright sunshine, and they just called to say that she wouldn't nap... followed by her falling asleep en route ... meaning we're pushing it back by an hour.

That's not so bad - see above re bright sunshine - but I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this....

More later - if I survive in one piece!!!

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    You are about to discover why I don't shoot children ha.
    On the bright side...it probably won't be as bad as you are thinking :).
    Bring your daughter and put her in charge of acting silly and entertaining the kid and keeping him/her looking your way.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Zoomer, you missed the other thread. The VAL/Toddler-Entertainer is off with friends or otherwise MIA.... Good luck Diva....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    Well, I survived! It helps that she has lovely sensible parents who just went with the flow and we did get some good shots but this child is VERY smart, VERY strong-willed, and frighteningly aware of what's going on around her. Which, in this case, included me trying to take her picture. She was very adept at turning around every time we got her headed my way! She was super-tired and definitely "knew something was up", but I think we got some. Fast AF is a beautiful thing lol3.gif

We did get some very pretty light, too - here's hoping the ones I like are as good full size as on the LCD. More later once I upload (if my creaking carcas survives that long - every bone in my body hurts from crawling around in the dirt with her for 2hrs! rolleyes1.gif)

And yeah, Zoomer, Andrew's right - I lost my Elf to a class commitment this afternoon, so had to do this one solo!

PS Fotodiox SB as recco'd in other thread = SCORE. It's small, but it really is a nice addition to an onboard flash.
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    Well, I survived! It helps that she has lovely sensible parents who just went with the flow and we did get some good shots but this child is VERY smart, VERY strong-willed, and frighteningly aware of what's going on around her. Which, in this case, included me trying to take her picture. She was very adept at turning around every time we got her headed my way! She was super-tired and definitely "knew something was up", but I think we got some. Fast AF is a beautiful thing lol3.gif

We did get some very pretty light, too - here's hoping the ones I like are as good full size as on the LCD. More later once I upload (if my creaking carcas survives that long - every bone in my body hurts from crawling around in the dirt with her for 2hrs! rolleyes1.gif)

And yeah, Zoomer, Andrew's right - I lost my Elf to a class commitment this afternoon, so had to do this one solo!

PS Fotodiox SB as recco'd in other thread = SCORE. It's small, but it really is a nice addition to an onboard flash.

Sounds like you made the best of the situation :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo