Marching Band. Sport?

pacman1pacman1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 31, 2011 in Sports
I've been shooting my sons marching band for a couple of months now, and I think I'm starting to get some semi-decent results. I have a bit of history shooting SLR, but my D3100 is my first DSLR. I took a couple years of photog classes 20+ years ago in college, and the dust is finally starting to come off. Critique is welcomed. Thanks!

Comments

• flysmallieflysmallie Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Not much on critiquing one's photos, you are the only one that needs to be happy with them. I love drum lines but feel that the picture might be more appealing if the drums in the foreground were the ones in focus instead of the second group. And in that first photo I would crop that to just show the kid on the right.

And yeah, I think marching band is a sport. Those kids work their butts off to do what they do.
  • AmazingGrace0385AmazingGrace0385 Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    LOVE! And yes marching band is a sport! I was in marching band, and we worked hard!
  • pacman1pacman1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 19, 2011
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. Given how hard these kids work, I agree it's a sport. They even get PE credit for it in their high school. I was just hoping I posted in the correct area is all!

We're in for a major roller coaster ride next year. My son is trying out for a couple of drum and bugle corps for a summer tour and holy cow, is that a major commitment or what!
  • coltphotographycoltphotography Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2011
    drum corp, spending the summer sleeping on gym floors and practicing on parking lots in 105 degree weather. ya gotta love it!