Options

Recent Street

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited October 19, 2011 in Street and Documentary
OpentheDoor-XL.jpg

OldManDownStairs-L.jpg

BurgerJointonPico-L.jpg

Frame2092111-L.jpg

By the By in keeping with the current trend :rolleyes.
I did check there papers and physically touched each one to make sure they were real people!

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 19, 2011
    #1 is a miss, I'm afraid. #2 has some interesting lines, but doesn't quite come together for me--it's the sort of shot I usually like and I'm not sure what the problem is. Too many lines maybe? Dunno. Love #3--great composition. If it were mine, I'd give it more black. #4 is fun.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    OpentheDoor-XL.jpg

By the By in keeping with the current trend rolleyes1.gif.
    I did check there papers and physically touched each one to make sure they were real people!

Laughing.gif!

So I agree with Richard - delete # 1. Two comes close, but misses for me because of the jumble behind the guy's head, which distracts from the otherwise nice composition and shadows. Three is fun. Four is an IF ONLY...If only you'd shot it as a vertical and cropped a bit - the Typhoon sign and the umbrella are wonderful!

But did you check their birth certificates? Long form? rolleyes1.gifrofl
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Really like #3. I like the happy expressions on the workers and the little "A" grading on the wall.
    Where did you take these?

Also, love all the grain.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    #1 is a miss, I'm afraid. #2 has some interesting lines, but doesn't quite come together for me--it's the sort of shot I usually like and I'm not sure what the problem is. Too many lines maybe? Dunno. Love #3--great composition. If it were mine, I'd give it more black. #4 is fun.
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Laughing.gif!

So I agree with Richard - delete # 1. Two comes close, but misses for me because of the jumble behind the guy's head, which distracts from the otherwise nice composition and shadows. Three is fun. Four is an IF ONLY...If only you'd shot it as a vertical and cropped a bit - the Typhoon sign and the umbrella are wonderful!

But did you check their birth certificates? Long form? rolleyes1.gifrofl
    Really like #3. I like the happy expressions on the workers and the little "A" grading on the wall.
    Where did you take these?

Also, love all the grain.

Hey Folks

Ok let's see if I got this right

#1 - Just pretend you never saw it :D
    #2 - find it (light/shadow) again and redo
    #3 - keeper but Richard you know I set Wh/Blk point on every image it may be that
    I shot thru glass but yes I do prefer richer blks.
    #4 - Ah gee thanks B.D., now ya tell me :lol

Lynn,

All these were shot in and around L.A. on mainly the westside of Town.
    The Burger Joint is near "Pico/Westwood" corner and just a couple miles south of UCLA