Options

OCCUPY: Education Working Group (11 images)

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited October 25, 2011 in Street and Documentary
I've sat with the education working group at Occupy Melbourne the last couple of days. Here's a sample of what I've got so far. I'll probably continue to follow them as long as the protests continue and I'm able. My OCCUPY gallery includes these images as well as a few other "setting" shots.

As I found them on day 1...

1)
DS20909-XL.jpg

2)
DS20910-XL.jpg

3)
DS20919-XL.jpg

4)
DS20930-XL.jpg

5)
DS20943-XL.jpg

Day 2

6)
DS21027-XL.jpg

7)
DS20990-XL.jpg

8)
DS21025-XL.jpg

9)
DS21030-XL.jpg

10)
DS21037-XL.jpg

11)
DS21041-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2011
    Excellent set of images. especially #3.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Yes #3 excellent but I will add

#4 and the last one, we have similar like for parts of things and properly done
    brings drama/impact/focus to that image as the two here.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Thanks Harry, Ben. Next time I'll try to include a few gratuitous codgerly characters, some sexual innuendo and pointless signs. Ya know, the sort of things that make protests fun to watch from the outside. mwink.gif
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    michswiss wrote: »
    Thanks Harry, Ben. Next time I'll try to include a few gratuitous codgerly characters, some sexual innuendo and pointless signs. Ya know, the sort of things that make protests fun to watch from the outside. mwink.gif

rolleyes1.gif

I love the way you shot this from the inside Jen.
    Not on dgrin of course, but would love to get your opinion of being there and compare it to the one here.

#2 and #3 I like the way you captured the older gentleman talking makes me want to know his thoughts.

I like Ben really like #4 w/ the glimpse of the girl.

Surprised not to see more cameras around necks in your shots, the one here in NYC (what I have seen on tv anyway) the photographers are 1 for every two protesters (making the ratio up but you get my drift).

Thank you for sharing the movement from Australia.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Agree with Liz in that you are in the group shooting, not snapping from outside. And #3 is the winner for a couple of reasons. One is the shooting angle is superb and framing is excellent. Second is that you caught them off-guard and their alien eyes are glowing (the guy in the back middle is noticing this). eek7.gifs85eek7.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 22, 2011
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    Screw CNN for pictures of the protests... I get mine from michswiss these days. thumb.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Very nice set, Jen. In terms of the color/black and white, I prefer the black and white, both because of my basic prejudice, but also because the color appears to be somewhat 'off' in most of the color images. But as others have said, your shooting angle, and the feeling of being inside really work well. Terrific!
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed