Options

Domestic violence

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited October 19, 2011 in People
I was invited to participate in an exposition to be held in Lisbon subjected to the theme mentioned above.

Herewith the image I came up with. Care for a comment if you please ? :D
i-TdpWjRG-L.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    I have no reaction to the side of the shot with the woman being the abuser, but the other one stops me in my tracks. Very powerful with his hands/fists in a blur and the woman trying to protect herself.
    I like the way you made mirror images and made them into one shot. I know that domestic violence can go both ways, but still I find the male dominant portion to be the more power side of the shot.

Very good concept.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2011
    I have no reaction to the side of the shot with the woman being the abuser, but the other one stops me in my tracks. Very powerful with his hands/fists in a blur and the woman trying to protect herself.
    I like the way you made mirror images and made them into one shot. I know that domestic violence can go both ways, but still I find the male dominant portion to be the more power side of the shot.
    Very good concept.

Thank you for your comment Lizzard :D
    However, I can't understand your point when you say that you "find the male dominant portion to be the more power side of the shot"

Both shots were made with tripod to get exact mirrors. Perhaps your impression comes from the fact that the man is bigger than the woman. That is true. I am taller than my wife indeed. :D

How about the stairs ? Like a crescendo with a cumulus at the center with two roads, one on the left and another on the right, so to say for the two genres/sexes.

And the cutting wall just in the middle like menacing ourselves ? Like a knife towards the spectator ?

bowdown.gifbow:D
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Thank you for your comment Lizzard :D
    However, I can't understand your point when you say that you "find the male dominant portion to be the more power side of the shot"

Both shots were made with tripod to get exact mirrors. Perhaps your impression comes from the fact that the man is bigger than the woman. That is true. I am taller than my wife indeed. :D

How about the stairs ? Like a crescendo with a cumulus at the center with two roads, one on the left and another on the right, so to say for the two genres/sexes.

And the cutting wall just in the middle like menacing ourselves ? Like a knife towards the spectator ?

bowdown.gifbow:D

Yes what I mean is that I don't take the "beating of the husband" on face value, it doesn't seem real, I don't find it threatening. However, the one of you beating your wife albeit staged really strikes a chord in me and it makes me want to hit you in return rolleyes1.gif.

The concept is flawless to my eyes, the stairs the wall in the middle etc. but what my brain reacts to is the violence by the male figure.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011

Very good concept.

I love the comment!!! It's horrible if a man beats a woman, but hey if a woman beats a man no big deal, he probably deserved it. :D

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Sam
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2011
    bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif to both :D
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    Excellent!
  • Options