Options

Love me new ceiling tiles.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited October 20, 2011 in People
Sorry, no pullbacks but just to introduce ceiling tiles for bkgs.

1. i-N3WTRHV-XL.jpg

2. i-bzTG6nv-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    EXCELLENT! I've been wanting to use some tin tiles for a while and have been eyeing them every time I have to go into Lowes or Home Depot! Nice job with these thumb.gif

Have you seen the ones the polypaper backdrop companies (eg LemonDrop) offer of these? I like them - and they'd be WAY easier to handle in my space - but I've been wary of using a *flat* image of something textured, since I think the light won't read in a very natural way. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    I would be very wary of a model who could hang upside down from the ceiling!

Sam
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2011
    Sam, that was the major factor. She kept coming loose!!!
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Very cool.... love the textures...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    It looks like some of the tiles got dented or smashed. Would it be possible to fill up the back of the tile with something like epoxy or plaster, increasing the strength?
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2011
    I should not have had her leaning on her elbow, that increased the pressure there. The tiles are very thin and they pop right back into shape. That was my first time with the tiles so I'm learning how to use them better. Some of the raised areas might be a 1/4 inch.

Sometimes being photographers we worry toooooo much about the little things. I wan't bothered about the bend. I simply put them on the floor and went for it. Others have mounted them to luan but that seemed like too much work.