deleted for privacy

laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
edited August 17, 2017 in People
deleted for privacy

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Sweet series. Love #3 and that last one is too cute.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Wow - you got some awesome shots there! That was clearly a happy and well behaved baby! I love the eyes, they just pop and really draw your attention right there. The parents are going to absolutely love them :D
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2011
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    Sweet series. Love #3 and that last one is too cute.

Thanks! It was hilarious, she just spontaneously put her arms up in that position like a little lady! Check out Dad's expression when he first noticed it:

9 iEHzgfw1Z78Af.jpg

And then Mom's, when she did:

10 iuca2DJP2HvCO.jpg

Wow - you got some awesome shots there! That was clearly a happy and well behaved baby! I love the eyes, they just pop and really draw your attention right there. The parents are going to absolutely love them :D

Thank you! I'm really hoping they do, and order lots of prints mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    Ok - #9 is PRICELESS. That got to be one of the cutest things I've seen... this girl is going to be a heartbreaker! I certainly hope they order tons of prints from you, they couldn't have asked for better results!

Just as a side note, I find your website to be a bit difficult to navigate. Having to scroll right is more cumbersome than vertical scrolling (though obviously a slideshow of some sort might be a better route) - and the contact page has some random code stuck on the top of the page. Your images are so beautiful (I love the picture of the dog, I'm assuming it's a pitbull), I just feel the website could do a better job of presenting your images to potential clients! (not meant to be harsh, just something I noticed and thought I'd pass along)

Looking forward to seeing even more of your work!
  • Options
    ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Great shots! How old was the baby? The parents will LOVE the photos!
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Beautiful work, the images show you love what you do!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    Ok - #9 is PRICELESS. That got to be one of the cutest things I've seen... this girl is going to be a heartbreaker! I certainly hope they order tons of prints from you, they couldn't have asked for better results!

Just as a side note, I find your website to be a bit difficult to navigate. Having to scroll right is more cumbersome than vertical scrolling (though obviously a slideshow of some sort might be a better route) - and the contact page has some random code stuck on the top of the page. Your images are so beautiful (I love the picture of the dog, I'm assuming it's a pitbull), I just feel the website could do a better job of presenting your images to potential clients! (not meant to be harsh, just something I noticed and thought I'd pass along)

Looking forward to seeing even more of your work!

No offense taken, thanks for the input :) My website is still not 100% where I want it to be, but I'm not sure yet what direction to take it in. I know without a doubt that I don't want any flash involved, and I don't really like the look of vertical scrolling. Unfortunately I'm not very good when it comes to coding, so I'm relying on a template. Thanks for letting me know about that code at the top of the contact page, I hadn't looked at it in awhile!

& yeah, that's a pit bull. The red one (Charlie) belongs to me, the blue (Dewey) is a friend's. Best dogs ever.
    Great shots! How old was the baby? The parents will LOVE the photos!

She's 7 months old! 6 months to a year is my favorite baby age, they're so much easier to work with before they start walking and talking ;)
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Beautiful work, the images show you love what you do!

Thank you so much! I do REALLY love babies. Tick, tock, tick, tock. I love teasing my boyfriend about it, I think it freaks him out a little how much I love them. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    No offense taken, thanks for the input :) My website is still not 100% where I want it to be, but I'm not sure yet what direction to take it in. I know without a doubt that I don't want any flash involved, and I don't really like the look of vertical scrolling. Unfortunately I'm not very good when it comes to coding, so I'm relying on a template. Thanks for letting me know about that code at the top of the contact page, I hadn't looked at it in awhile!

No problem! I hate flash too - on my smugmug page I use jfriend's HTML 5 slideshow (instructions in the SM Customization Forum), which is really nice. I completely understand disliking the vertical scrolling... it would be great to have something non-flash based that scrolls when you place your mouse over the right or left side. Don't know if it's possible, I'm not well versed in coding, but I bet that would look gorgeous.

The dogs are beautiful - I love pit bulls - I plan to get one as soon as I own a place (which is years down the road, but still).
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Gorgeous shots, and an adorable little girl..
  • Options
    BingoboyBingoboy Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Excellent, natural look to these. Beautiful clarity, too. Great fun feel you've managed to get in there, Lauren.

David.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Lol, maybe you will get this but though I love your set my initial reaction was, I wonder where they live and how big their apartment is? rolleyes1.gif. It has beautifuly light and from the hint of the apt, I love it.

Ok on to the photos.
    My favorite are the outtakes. Those are real treasures for me, the genuine expressions and the happiness, I'm really glad you included them and I hope you also show the parents as well.

Also please tell me a little about your lighting, the apt shots, did you use flash? I know you are using a sweet lens and full frame which shoots great in low light, so I'm curious. Also, I know you are great about sharing your exif, from your blog and that series w/ the new tiltshift camera (which I now want). For the indoor shots, can you share your exif?

As to your website, I'm not qualified to comment on it, I don't even have one up, my smugmug site is total crap and has not been cleaned up at all , I mean it's the bottom of the barrell ok? But I did find yours a little awkward to navigate.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2011
    Lol, maybe you will get this but though I love your set my initial reaction was, I wonder where they live and how big their apartment is? rolleyes1.gif. It has beautifuly light and from the hint of the apt, I love it.

Hahaha, totally a New Yorker thing to think - I'm with ya. They're in Sunset Park, in a gorgeous apartment - not super huge but really well put together. They didn't originally intend to shoot inside, but the space got such great light out of that big window that I insisted we try and I'm really glad we did :)
    Also please tell me a little about your lighting, the apt shots, did you use flash? I know you are using a sweet lens and full frame which shoots great in low light, so I'm curious. Also, I know you are great about sharing your exif, from your blog and that series w/ the new tiltshift camera (which I now want). For the indoor shots, can you share your exif?

The entire shoot was 100% natural light. For the shots done in the living room I had my assistant holding a reflector just to camera right, to bounce some of that window light onto their faces. That's why the baby is staring off in that direction, the reflector was pretty interesting. I somehow need to make ME more interesting next time... headscratch.gif

Per your request, in the living room the camera was set to 1/80 at f/2.8, ISO 1600. Every last one of 'em. I can't believe how well the D700 does high ISO! I neeeeeeeeed it.
    As to your website, I'm not qualified to comment on it, I don't even have one up, my smugmug site is total crap and has not been cleaned up at all , I mean it's the bottom of the barrell ok? But I did find yours a little awkward to navigate.

You should definitely get a site up that you can be proud of! I've decided to move my entire site over to Wordpress. I'd been reluctant to shell out the $$ for a nice layout, but once I declare myself a business I'll just write it off :D Stay tuned...
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Hahaha, totally a New Yorker thing to think - I'm with ya. They're in Sunset Park, in a gorgeous apartment - not super huge but really well put together. They didn't originally intend to shoot inside, but the space got such great light out of that big window that I insisted we try and I'm really glad we did :)

The entire shoot was 100% natural light. For the shots done in the living room I had my assistant holding a reflector just to camera right, to bounce some of that window light onto their faces. That's why the baby is staring off in that direction, the reflector was pretty interesting. I somehow need to make ME more interesting next time... headscratch.gif

Per your request, in the living room the camera was set to 1/80 at f/2.8, ISO 1600. Every last one of 'em. I can't believe how well the D700 does high ISO! I neeeeeeeeed it.

You should definitely get a site up that you can be proud of! I've decided to move my entire site over to Wordpress. I'd been reluctant to shell out the $$ for a nice layout, but once I declare myself a business I'll just write it off :D Stay tuned...

thank you for the exif info.
    and now to look at Wordpress.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Just want to squueze her! So precious! Great job!!
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Fantastic family shoot! So much expression and fun. Love #6!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Great portrait work here, love your processing and indeed a very happy baby!