Options

Last wedding of my summer... {Anna & Nitin}

2»

Comments

• Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    Heather, there's just so much good, amazing stuff in there, I can't say much other than wow. Wow.
    Overcome with jealousy! GREAT set.
    ~Shane
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    These images are fantastic. Very nice work. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2011
    Thanks everyone! I loved this couple.. not just good looking, they are really the sweetest people. Such a treat to shoot their wedding.
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    and if i lived in Alaska...and wasn't already married you would be my photog for sure!

I am going to pick on you a bit..maybe it is just me, but the black and whites in the beginning look a little bright to me... but obviously I am the only one that thinks this. :Dheadscratch.gif
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Just a thought, after looking at these for the 4th or 5th time, if anyone has any doubts on how to do sun flare in your images, and do it right, just look at Heather's number 7.
    What a nice mix of light.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    JoeeznutzJoeeznutz Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 8, 2011
    i really like set 14! :D
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Fantastic work! Love them all!

How do you make the inset images or whatever you call it such as #1? Do you have a template or a lot of guesswork doing the layouts in PS?
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2011
    Thanks everyone! If you wanna see more of their wedding there is more on my blog at www.ambiencak.com/malla

I have them set up like this for my blog. I create a new file at 900 pixels wide and 1800 or so long, and then resize the images to whatever pixels wide I want before I drag them over to the file. After making about a million of those collages it gets pretty quick. After a while you figure out the easy dimensions to make it work. So I resize to 450 wide for a 2 photo across, 300 for 3 across or whatever. It all comes down to very simple math. Easy peasy. I have a harder time picking the images than making the collages.
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    Cool, thanks for the tip. I think I'll try something similar out soon too. Once again, fantastic work!
  • Options
    NagoC50NagoC50 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2011
    Wow. Inspirational and aspirational.
  • Options
    ceasleyceasley Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Beautiful images - looks like Alaska - Alyeska? You're lucky to have such a beautiful setting, but your talent is awesome.
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

Photography is my vehicle for discovery!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    Dude Heather. You rocked this like a boss!!!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Great stuff. I was going to compliment the B&W conversions... then got to the color and was like "I love this look too"... and the next, and the next.

Just great work.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    Beautiful as always.

The more formal shots are perfect....but I really am a sucker for those contrasty BW journalistic type shots you have here from the reception. Super nice!thumb.gif

You are a very good photographer and know exactly what you are doing!:D