Re-Edit: Rig Shot of a Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited October 20, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I recently re-edited a rig shot of a 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet that I shot for a customer back in March. I wanted to see what y'all thought of the re-edit!

You can see the original set here.

check out my blog to see a video on the processing and the SOOC shot that i started with, along with a bunch of more info.

First Edit
1208328774_S3Ngp-XL-1.jpg

and the new edit!
2008-Porsche-911-Turbo-Rig-XL.jpg

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,240 moderator
    edited October 20, 2011
    Very nice edit, indeed! That's awesome. One niggle though - I can still see the lens flare streaks across the car body on either side of the front wheel.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    I'm going to sound a bit negative, but that's not my attitude.

I find the backgrounds distracting from the subject, the car. The images in the original set seem to me to have too low a white point, as if you were compensating for overexposure. Perhaps bringing the RGB values of the body closer to neutral might help. To my eyes the images lack punch, the car and the details don't jump forward. Perhaps an increase in local contrast, vibrance and saturation might improve that, as well as attention to sharpening combining a couple different techniques.

In the case of the images above, I prefer the first, though I think the profile of the car in both is too compressed vertically.

Once again, my apologies for dwelling on negatives, but I'm relating what I see as just one viewer, and I hope that might help!thumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    Thanks for your great CC, neil! I didn't think that sounded negative at all. I'm always open to outside opinions because it's the only way to keep improving. I'll definitely look at the photos again with your comments in mind. Thanks again!
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    p27rpy wrote: »
    Thanks for your great CC, neil! I didn't think that sounded negative at all. I'm always open to outside opinions because it's the only way to keep improving. I'll definitely look at the photos again with your comments in mind. Thanks again!

thumb.gif I'm relieved!

Wish you success with your images!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix