Challenge 50: Sunset with and without tree

mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
edited October 21, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's a couple of shots I took tonight.

Sunset with tree:

40866768-L.jpg

Sunset without tree:

40870455-L.jpg

These are from my deck, which overlooks the neighborhood. I let the cat out onto the roof of the garage while I was doing this--it's at about the same level as the deck.

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Keep the Tree!
    Nice colors!
    Tree shot brings more drama, at least to my taste...
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • eye-maxeye-max Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    mwgrice wrote:
    These are from my deck, which overlooks the neighborhood. I let the cat out onto the roof of the garage while I was doing this--it's at about the same level as the deck.
    I agree with Nik, the colors are great. Sunsets need something in the foreground to add interest. The colors in the 2nd image are wonderful but it needs something like the tree in the first one to add visual interest. A nicely silhouetted row of buildings, or trees, or people, or ????.
    max
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Thanks guys! I like how you both very politely told me the second shot is boring.:D

And looking at them together I have to agree.
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    I acutally like the second shot, don't find it boring at all. Since the theme is colors I think the second one represents that more.

Maybe you could PS the tree from #1 into the second shotne_nau.gif

My .02,

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • kerrymcdkerrymcd Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    #2 is a beautiful sunset-even if the horizon isn't as interesting. I'd suggest cropping the bottom, so there is less focus below the horizon. Recomposing the shot might showcase the colours more. Just a thought.
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Both are beautiful. I like the tree but the colors are more vibrant in the second. With a little photo shoping you might be able to combine the two shots and get the best from both. Tough call though. Great job and good luck.