Intro and some photos

LinenLinen Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited October 28, 2005 in People
Hi I recently have been spending some time here and finding what a great resource this place is!!! Incredible talent here too! very inspiring!

Anyway I thought I would stop lurking and introduce myself.

I'm a new photographer I've only owned an SLR since march of this year. I am totally addicted! I have digtal rebel with a few lens but I mainly use my 50 1.4. I am most interested in portrait work. I haven't found my style yet still playing around. What I know so far is I love natural expression and artzy photos (but I haven't found my way there yet!! LOL!). I keep reaching trying out all kinds of things hope that the creative me will show up some day!!

Here are some recent collages I've made of my children for my husband's desk. They are 7x2.5 and sit on an easel. I accidently deleted the one of Nadia so I'll just include a couple recent pictures of her.

CC very welcome I know these aren't anything special just some snap shots for husband. Anything you see that I could of done better I would LOVE to hear it!
Looking forward to getting know you all better!!
Danielle

2005-10-13-0131eyepop.jpg

She cut her hair this week it was a sad day!!!!

2005-10-04-0029-1L.jpg

ikeone.jpg

francescacollage.jpg

sebthree.jpg

olliecollageL.jpg

Comments

• LinenLinen Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    oh and francesca's photos aren't blurry it did that for some reason when resized that one was a larger collage so maybe that is why? Anyway the pictures are much better quality IRL They also look less blow out IRL ok done whining! Laughing.gif!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 21, 2005
    Nice set of collages and welcome to dgrin!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Welcome to D/gin Linen. You appear to be well on the way to your own style..they are great shots !

I wish i had style..my stuff is like a speedway race car accident...everyone just puts their hand over their eyes & then asks if anyone got hurt.

Hang around & ask lots of questions as there is a lot of knowledge in here.

Gus
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    wave.gif nice work, good onya for de-lurking :D
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Hi Linen wave.gif.. glad you decided to join us. Love the shots... looking forward to moreclap.gif
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Welcome! I love these they are great. Looks like you are going to have great fun with that SLR...You are already doing excellent workthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Welcome to DGrin Linen,
    That's some wonderful work. I bet your husband is glad the you got this camera. You have beautiful models that seem willing to get their picture taken; what a bonus:D.

Looking forward to more posts,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

edited October 21, 2005
    thank you everyone! I think I am going to love this place I followed Andy's link how to get the most etc.. and read the self portraits OMG I was rolling so bad my husband came in to find out what was so funny!!!! clap.gif
  • booboo Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Linen
    Really cute the way you did the collages. Totally shows off the kids personalities and tells a little story. I love that! iloveyou.gif

Great, great job overall. My only nitpick is that in the first one, you've kind of lost her hair in the shadow, but maybe it's better IRL too.
  • OneWayMuleOneWayMule Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    Really nice photos there Danielle.
    They almost have a "catalog" look to them and they're heaps better then some so-called "professional" photographers i've see on the net.

Welcome & keep up the great work! thumb.gif
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    Danielle,

your shots are really amazing, and have loads of style. The first two, wow, I'd be incredibly happy if I had shot those. You're my kind of shooter, my favourite stuff also is natural light portraits with the 50/1.4 (though I shoot Nikon).

Thanks so much for sharing, and welcome to DGrin!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    OneWayMule wrote:
    Really nice photos there Danielle.
    They almost have a "catalog" look to them and they're heaps better then some so-called "professional" photographers i've see on the net.

Welcome & keep up the great work! thumb.gif
    Welcome Danielleclap.gif

That is the exact same thing I thought when I first saw these. They are really good, especially since you just got the SLR not too long ago. You really know how to capture your beautiful kids. I really like your composition and cropping on these pics. I especially like little Ollie and his cute hat, the center left shot of him is just adorableiloveyou.gif . I have a 50mm 1.4 and it has quickly become my favorite lens. After this great initial showing I hope to see a lot more from you on here.

Edit: Just checked and you did post a couple shots in June and then disapeared. Hope you stick around and show off your family some more.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    Nice collages
    I'm sure your husband loves them. I like the way you used consistent color thru each one, its a nice effect........................mereimage
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    Some great sets there. The collages of the kids are great.

Welcome to Dgrin

I cant wait to see more.
    edited October 28, 2005
    Thanks everyone! :D Nick your right! I realized that too after I posted that I had been here before. I was checking out a lot of forums online at one point and must of found this one and lost it! :(

I just recently started spending a good deal of time here thanks to the Lab color posts which I found while doing a search online. I am totally loving going through the tutorials great stuff in there! I'll be around I've really enjoyed what I've read and I love the additude here!! The additude and the talent a lot of the work here is excellent and from the hip and heart I love that!