The Pylonologist Strikes Again!

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited October 23, 2011 in Landscapes
I like this spot. Another sunrise, different, subdued. You like?

6266739185_a6235f6b94_o.jpg
Sunrise for a Pylonologist by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 21, 2011
    Personally, I love it. thumb.gif
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    kdog wrote: »

Thank you. :)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    I like the overall scene. The presence of the power lines, however, ruins it for me. I realize those lines reveal a purpose for the pole being there but I find that my focus is continually being drawn to them and not the other elements of the image. Perhaps it is your intent to purposely accentuate the lines....I don't know.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 22, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    I like the overall scene. The presence of the power lines, however, ruins it for me. I realize those lines reveal a purpose for the pole being there but I find that my focus is continually being drawn to them and not the other elements of the image. Perhaps it is your intent to purposely accentuate the lines....I don't know.

Tom

Well yes, it was my purpose to make the pylon and lines a key part of the image. I understand the need for landscapes clear of pylons and other man made structures, but in my day to day life I don't "get out much" for that sort of thing. So i began looking around when I could, mainly on the way to work, or on the way back for things to shoot. The pylon is there, so "why not?", i thought. But rather than take a shot where the pylon is just there, the pylon needs to "make" the shot...hence the composition favouring the pylon, (on 1/3) and so on.

I also realise it won't be to everyone's taste, and you are entitled to you valid opinion. Thanks for taking the time to respond. :)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    Well yes, it was my purpose to make the pylon and lines a key part of the image. I understand the need for landscapes clear of pylons and other man made structures, but in my day to day life I don't "get out much" for that sort of thing. So i began looking around when I could, mainly on the way to work, or on the way back for things to shoot. The pylon is there, so "why not?", i thought. But rather than take a shot where the pylon is just there, the pylon needs to "make" the shot...hence the composition favouring the pylon, (on 1/3) and so on.

I also realise it won't be to everyone's taste, and you are entitled to you valid opinion. Thanks for taking the time to respond. :)

Understood. Seeing as your intent was as stated, I would say you have done an excellent job.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 22, 2011
    Understood. Seeing as your intent was as stated, I would say you have done an excellent job.

Tom

Many Thanks. :)
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    I'm with the dog... I like this shot a lot. I often see manmade structures such as this and them interesting and beautiful in their own right. Capturing it is a different story... Often difficult. I think you did a great job.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited October 23, 2011
    I'm with the dog... I like this shot a lot. I often see manmade structures such as this and them interesting and beautiful in their own right. Capturing it is a different story... Often difficult. I think you did a great job.

Thank you, appreciate those kind words. :)
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Great job! I like it!
    edited October 23, 2011
    Great job! I like it!

Thank you. :)