Options

First Junior High Halloween Dance

bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
edited October 23, 2011 in People
My daughter is now in sixth grade (time flies, crazy) and tonight was her first school dance. It was a Halloween dance, so she dressed up like the vampires in the Twilight series (of course). Bella is her favorite character, so we went subtle on the makeup. The only manipulation that I did was some healing on the face and the changing of her iris color from blue to Bella's orange (apparently after she was turned into a vampire, according to my daughter).

Taken with the 85 f/1.8 - I gotta start using that more, it's been forever. Also used my Cheetah Qbox 24 softbox with my SB-600 flash, using the pop-up flash on my D700 as the commander. C&C appreciated...

i-Js6Gcvg-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    light you have is spot on! great capture..the could have used just a *touch* of hair light
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    FANTASTIC light and I've never seen the 1.8 look that good at 1.8.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    light you have is spot on! great capture..the could have used just a *touch* of hair light

Thanks Qarik! I agree, but dang it I only have one light, and this was a 20-second shoot before her and mommy were out the door.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2011
    jpc wrote: »
    FANTASTIC light and I've never seen the 1.8 look that good at 1.8.

Thanks JPC! Although I mostly shoot OCF on manual settings, the Nikon wireless flash system sure does balance nicely in a pinch indoors!