Options

Portrait of a 4 yr old

J KaceyJ Kacey Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited October 27, 2011 in People
i-cGGdPPN-XL.jpg
Pose is not my favorite but I like the innocent look in his eyes. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    Fantastic eyes!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    Like the emotional impact the pose and eyes project.
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    Fantastic capture of expression, but the position of the hand bothers me.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    kris10whitekris10white Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    I love it.... You can almost tell what he is thinking, felling, etc.
    Kristen M. White
  • Options
    TotziensTotziens Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    I think the pose is to "mature" ... I think the eyes are amazing, but the photo as a whole seems to bug me.
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    It would probably be cleaner without the hand, but the graphic impact of the porcelain skin against the black backdrop works either way. This is just a nitpick, but the fact that his hair seems wet (or perhaps heavily gelled) is odd to me. I feel like I'm missing the story behind the shot (fresh out of the pool? captured right after bath time?) I want some clue what's going on, or else if you're not interested in telling a story with the portrait, then the hair probably shouldn't be wet.
  • Options
    J KaceyJ Kacey Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    It would probably be cleaner without the hand, but the graphic impact of the porcelain skin against the black backdrop works either way. This is just a nitpick, but the fact that his hair seems wet (or perhaps heavily gelled) is odd to me. I feel like I'm missing the story behind the shot (fresh out of the pool? captured right after bath time?) I want some clue what's going on, or else if you're not interested in telling a story with the portrait, then the hair probably shouldn't be wet.

Thanks for the observation, Brett
    He actually just woke up from a ride in the car. My wife got his hair a little wet to straighten int out for the few shots I took. This capture was not posed..... She just set him on my stool sideways and just itched his shoulder for a quick second, then gave me this look. He is high energy and normally a shoot with him is him being goofy wings.gif Seldom do I get a shot like this and as you can see it's not a forced look. Pretty intense expression
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 27, 2011
    Great detail.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me