Options

Any good way to request additional data at sales checkout?

geekchickgeekchick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 24, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just convinced a local political organization to get a Smugmug account for the VIP grip & grin photos from its fundraiser events. We didn't expect to get sales because the organization gives the files away for free; this was just a way to streamline the process during shooting. But I made prints available with a little markup and, lo and behold, folks are buying.

Even folks who didn't attend the event; hence this question. Merchandise sales from a political organization are donations, so we need to report the purchaser's name, address, employer, occupation, and concurrence with a disclaimer statement. Is there any way we can add custom input fields to the Smugmug checkout process? If not, does anyone have a good idea about how to accomplish the same thing -- say, hooking in a google form or something?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    I'm sorry, there is no ability to do this - I wish I had a better answer for you, I really do!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Perhaps you can use their email address that appears on the order and email them
    for the info. I'm sure if they want to claim it on taxes they'd want to make it legit.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    geekchickgeekchick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2011
    Thanks for the responses.
    Allen, political contributions aren't tax-deductible, but thanks for the good idea -- I guess an email request will have to do for now.
    Andy, are we your first political committee? Is there a prayer of ever getting something added for this purpose, like the sales tax field? It's a standard set of questions.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    You can add your suggestion to our feedback pages:
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug
    That way other users can vote and comment on your suggestion and we can keep track of all suggestions made.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    The ability to add custom fields to the sales process would probably help a lot of pros. For example if I could ask, "why did you buy a print?" or "why did you buy size xxx?", I'd have great insights as to why my customers are buying and what motivates them. The possibilities are endless.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!