Eye Help Please

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited October 22, 2005 in People
hey guys, i know i've posted a lot of this girl, i'm sorry if it's too much and you're getting sick of her, but i need some help.

i liked the way her eyes looked originally, but i decided to really make them pop. so, i touched up her eyes using the guidelines i usually use (found here: http://www.nobsphotosuccess.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=986)
typically the results are excellent, but here i wanted to know if the effect was too strong and looked too fake this time.

here's the original:
40257338-M.jpg

here's the edited:
40903925-M.jpg

please tell me what you think.
thanks.

Comments

• MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    i love the eyes in the second picture. it looks really great with some editing
    Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
    "i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
  • spocklingspockling Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    hey guys, i know i've posted a lot of this girl, i'm sorry if it's too much and you're getting sick of her, but i need some help.

i liked the way her eyes looked originally, but i decided to really make them pop. so, i touched up her eyes using the guidelines i usually use (found here: http://www.nobsphotosuccess.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=986)
    typically the results are excellent, but here i wanted to know if the effect was too strong and looked too fake this time.

here's the original:
    40257338-M.jpg

here's the edited:
    40903925-M.jpg

please tell me what you think.
    thanks.

Hope you don't mind...I did a curve layer in LAB and sharpened the L channel.
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Hi Bing,
    I don't think #2 is over done and is an improvement. Steve did some sharpening and I think it adds to the eyes, but seems a bit over done as a whole (which happens with low res shots, no fault of Steves).

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Hi Bing,
    I don't think #2 is over done and is an improvement. Steve did some sharpening and I think it adds to the eyes, but seems a bit over done as a whole (which happens with low res shots, no fault of Steves).

Chris
    ah, i totally agree. i just needed another opinion, thank you so much.
    edited October 21, 2005
    spockling wrote:
    Hope you don't mind...I did a curve layer in LAB and sharpened the L channel.
    wow, spockling, i can't thank you enough for what you did. i didn't like the edit you posted, but i think it was because it was with a low quality shot and you did it quickly. i really appreciate the attempt. what i'm so ridiculously happy about right now is that you introduced me to a completely new technique that i was somehow unaware of: LAB. after quickly searching through dgrin i found info on how to use it, it's really useful. i just started using it and i feel like i'm really getting the hang of it.

here's my newest edit (i'm not done playing with LAB yet):

40929761-M.jpg
    edited October 21, 2005
    sorry for the numerous posts, but i just created my favorite version yet. using the LAB gives it such a great pop.

original:
    40257338-M.jpg

latest:
    40932799-M.jpg
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    latest:
    40932799-M.jpg
    Pop indeed!
    Also, I really like the shot, Barry! She has an unusual look and style, which I surely dig.

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    Wow! The final version is terrific. I love it.thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog