Almost there.....

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited October 25, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, I know 'selective colour' is not to everyone's taste - however I think this one works OK. It is a Eucalyptus Macrocarpa (Mottlecah) flower. As the flower stamens develop they push off the flower 'cap'. The fully developed flower is the largest of any Eucalypt.

6272055743_668bca596a_b.jpg

Thanks for looking in - C&C always appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    Howdy Richard,

That's a wicked looking image, I had no idea about the Euc having a bloom/fruit.

Really love seeing things like that and the Selective Color is so vivid it sure
    draws your eyes and attention to it.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 23, 2011
    Looks spooky. I like it. thumb.gif
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Richard,

That's a wicked looking image, I had no idea about the Euc having a bloom/fruit.

Really love seeing things like that and the Selective Color is so vivid it sure
    draws your eyes and attention to it.

Hi Craig, a lot of Eucalypts are so tall it is difficult to see their flowers, the on the other hand Mottlecah is quite a low scrappy tree which makes it easier to see (and photograph) the flowers.

Thanks for looking in and your comments - much appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited October 24, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Looks spooky. I like it. thumb.gif

Hi Richard, spooky - but harmless :D Glad you liked it.

Cheers, Richard.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    I'm a selective color lover in photos. This works good. Would love to see a photo of the flower too since I've never heard or seen anything like it before.
    edited October 25, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I'm a selective color lover in photos. This works good. Would love to see a photo of the flower too since I've never heard or seen anything like it before.

Hi Mary, Glad you liked this one, here is a shot of the flower when fully opened, they are generally 7-12cm across.

Cheers, Richard.

6279679972_bbf4769e5f_b.jpg
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Mary, Glad you liked this one, here is a shot of the flower when fully opened, they are generally 7-12cm across.

Cheers, Richard.

6279679972_bbf4769e5f_b.jpg

WOW ... This flower is just beautiful. Looks so delicate .. something that probably would not withstand a ND winter. Thank you for posting it ... Much appreciated :D